“Good Stay for Ski Weekend”

Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Good Stay for Ski Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Went up to Poconos for skiing with my finance this MLK weekend, it was a last minute idea call Staybridge and they were able to book us a room. Super sweet on the phone, the lady who help Tina reassured me over and over we had a room and not to worry about it being last minute. When we go there the room was nice, the price was right. Staff was friendly and made sure we had what we needed, saw a lot of families as well so good for couples and families. Deff going back next time we go up to the Poconos, may Valentines Weekend! Thanks Staybridge!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I checked into this location on Friday January 17, 2014 and intended to check out on Monday January 20, 2014 for a ski weekend with my boyfriend. Unfortunately our vacation was cut short due to him finding a bedbug in our room 323, and remnants of blood on his shirt with no sign of a cut. We decided to leave at 6am Sunday morning, immediately after realizing that we could not comfortably go back to sleep after the incident. When leaving I asked the woman at the front desk (Ronesha) to file a report and have her supervisor call me as soon as possible. I received no call on Sunday or Monday, in fact I had to call back on 2 occasions to get in contact with someone today (Tuesday Jan 21st). I finally spoke to Tina, General Manager, that offered a half-hearted apology and did not look to resolve this situation at all. In fact she told me that it was a stink bug and not a bed bug, although the two insects look nothing alike. I now have multiple bug bites on my body that are extremely itchy...however stink bugs don't bite. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, and suggest that you find another hotel to spend your vacation.

I have uploaded pictures of the bug found and the bites I have...you be the judge.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
11 Thank WellTraveled2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear WellTraveled2014,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For this reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We have sent you a private message regarding this particular experience.

We look forward to your response and be of further assistance.

Lera P

Travelers are raving about these East Stroudsburg hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

2nd stay here. rooms are great and clean. (most) of the staff is really nice. Breakfast buffet, the first time around was great the breakfast attendant was awesome. (Spanish lady) was so nice and attentive to everyone's needs. This time around the breakfast attendant was flustered and lost. She was disorganized and milk containers, and food containers were dirty with dried food stuck to it. I asked her for the Spanish lady that worked there and she spoke to me with an attitude that she wasn't with them anymore. I spoke to the Asian lady at the front desk and was brushed off. I feel like if this is the way I will be treated and served in dirty containers I don't need to be there ever again. BRING THE SPANISH LADY BACK....PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: comfy rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SadnDisapntd
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear SadnDisapntd,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the service at breakfast prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were truly pleased to see your positive comments for the staff as well as the high scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, and Sleep Quality. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Old Greenwich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

We picked this hotel because we were able to get a two bedroom two bath suite. It was even better than we could have imagined. The staff was excellent and friendly. The room was comfortable and spacious. The complimentary breakfast was varied and good. We especially enjoyed the waffle maker. Easy access - right off of Exit 309 off of I-80. Would definitely recommend and will definitely stay here again. Hope to be able to enjoy the complimentary wine/beer and munchies Tuesday through Thursday nights next time we stay here. Heard it's pretty good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
staybridge561, Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feed back with us and are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in every aspect. We most certainly appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in your future visits to the Pocono
Maywood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We often stay in this area and are always looking for accommodations that are clean and well-appointed. The Staybridge Suites were recommended by friends so we gave it a try on Christmas. We were not disappointed. The suite consisted of a kitchenette, living area with sofa, desk, dresser, king bed and bathroom. There was plenty of space. A pillow choice was provided. The kitchen cabinets were stocked with condiments and the attractive cabinets housed china as well as anything that could be needed to cook a meal. The refrigerator was larger than the usual mini and had a freezer unit with an ice-maker. A complete breakfast was provided. Tina Pan, at the front desk, was very personable and informative, providing a welcoming face for our overnight stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

1st, the review on the hotel sites are screened. I posted a review with list of cons and office it was never posted up. So I come here. Def go based on reviews here.
I have stayed here several times for business reasons.

Staff are very nice and friendly.
Rooms are ok. There are kitchenettes, no oven but dish washing machines.
There is a laundry room
My stays have been quiet so far
The bed always appear clean. I always come with lysol (to hotels like these)so I spray down everything to my satisfaction.

Cons-
Rooms aren't thoroughly cleaned. Dead swatted flies on Window
On an occasion saw bug in room which I gave a trashing of its life.
Hair let on hair dryer(lucky I didn't need to use it)
Seen hair in shower on some stays
Gym machines are old. No free weights
Wifi for streaming is slower than dial up...like super slow. Its ridiculous.

I stay here mostly because of the kitchenette and full fridge as I have to be here for several days and I like to bring my own food. Pots are cheesy.

Even with the list of cons, the most consistent is obv gym which they appear to not want to update. And the slow wifi.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Naijagirl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Naijagirl,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our aim is to provide 100% satisfactory experience but it is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room and gym facility. Your feedback will enable us to consider for upgrades needed on premises. Despite this, it is nice to know that you found our staff to be accommodating.

We all hope you can give us another chance to host you again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I found Staybridge Suites last minute from reading reviews on trip advisor. This place is really great, due to the friendliness of the staff, especially Tina, the great manager, the clean and well taken care of rooms, amenities, accepting of pets, and free breakfast buffet.

I had to come here last minute, due to a family emergency and wanted to stay close to the local medical center, which I had a member of my family staying. I was supposed to only stay for a couple of days, but had to extend my stay, which Tina was very understanding and was able to allow us to stay in our room, although they had been booked up with the holidays. Also, because most of my family lived far away and didn't live local, she allowed us to take over the game room during lunch time to take breaks away from the hospital.

The Budget Inn, for some reason has more star ratings for reviews, maybe because it is a lot cheaper than Staybridge, but the more I researched Budget, the more I found out from a few resources that they had bed bugs, so please check this place out first, because it's really been a comfort and pleasure to stay here during this difficult time.

Thanks Staybridge!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
staybridge561, Manager at Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Ashley H
Thank you on behalf of our Staybridge Team for taking the time to share your feedback and kind words.. We are delighted to learn that our Team and Tina was able to take your Family needs into consideration and make your stay a comfortable and welcoming one.
We extend our best wishes to your Family and look forward to seeing you as our guests in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Fairfield Inn & Suites Stroudsburg Bartonsville/Poconos

Been to Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos? Share your experiences!