Rainbow Mountain Resort
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$115
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$116
QualityInn
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$59
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
$79
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$129
Hampton.com
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
$68
$53
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscherry housedance clubnew ownerssmall lakepool bardrag showlive in nycother guestspaddle boatslarge poolmain buildinghot tubdiscojoeycottageaccommodationscommunity
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If your looking for rustic this is it. I had a cabin which was quaint ad quiet. Space was clean only issue is bed comfort but for the rest it was just fine. I will return. Again soon with my partner. The pool was clean, friendly bartenders, just a friendly staff. A great experience!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Asabi D
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and our two guy friends went for a weekend in late summer last year and stayed in the cabins so we could bring our dog. I went to college in the area and always drove past on my way to the flea market (10 years ago) and always say some fabulous gays coming and going and couldn't wait to go there myself one day. After many years living in Miami I finally was back in the area and excited for a trip here. We came here September 14th weekend last year and there were only maybe 10 other guests on the property. It was duck tape costume weekend and my wife and I spent a week making whole outfits out of duct tape. Of course, one guy showed up with nothing more than nude colored tape designed to be a big, erm, "member" and immediately won. To says its predominantly a resort for gay men, not women, would be accurate. However, we enjoyed ourselves immensely and were told they have a ladies weekend so we may come back for that sometime without the dog and try to get a better room. Our cabin was pretty bare, freezing cold, tiny and we refused to take a shower. It was rustic to say the least.

The food is a completely different story. We were blown away. Each day we looked forward to stuffing ourselves with the yummy goodness that comes out of the kitchen. Almost a year later we still comment on that meal.

The service was also 5-star. They were happy to have us and helped us with directions and things to do in the area.

I have to give this place a rating of three only because the room needs improvements and we paid quite a bit for an empty resort with not a great room.

Room Tip: only stay in the cabins if you have a dog. Get a nicer room if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cassandra S
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place could not have been more disgusting. The first room they tried to put me in had a body pillow thumbtacked to the wall as a head board with a suspicious white stain.... i had to ask for a new room that wasn't much of an improvement. The bowls of condoms and lube are considered decoration...
if you want an adventure... then go. if you want something that meets the standards of a clean human... be aware.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank rileyvon
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Over the rainbow to the Emerald City....or Emerald Mountain :)
The wife and I went up for our anniversary on St Patricks Day weekend, and can't wait to go back! The staff is so accomodating and sweet, and the other guests (most of whom have been visiting Rainbow Mtn for years) are the so friendly, we really felt right at home.
We stayed in the Cherry House and the room was no-frills, but quite comfortable. Next time we may need to get a delux room, though, with a fridge and microwave because thefood was so good and so plentiful that we had leftovers at every meal (luckily it was cold and we used our car as a fridge!) And you definitley might need some late night nibbles after a few hours at the dance club and karaoke lounge. The bartenders may be light in the loafers but they are heavy on the pours ;)
The DJ was a total sweetheart and didn't mind taking our requests, and we hope he adds a liitle more hip hop to his playlist....what can i say, we're from Brooklyn!
The drag show-with irish step dancing!- was awesome, and the trivia brunch was super fun.
I just can't say enough! It was a magical weekend and i'll be counting the days til our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jillsoller
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for Halloween weekend just before Sandy hit. First time here since the new owners took over. I have to say they have done quite a bit of work here. We stayed in one of the cabins. Looks like it was just done over. New carpet and paint,New heater,fresh linens and clean. Very nice. The wait for dinner was not that bad plus the food was good with nice sized portions. The drinks at the niteclub were cheap and strong. New bathrooms here too. Halloween party was very busy .When walking down to the niteclub we saw the new bar area by the pool .It's a big improvement over the old tiny bar that used to be there.The cutting down of the trees and brush along the pool gives a great veiw of the lake. Had a great time, Will be coming back in the summertime

• Stayed: October 2012