“Low quality stay!!”

Super 8 Stroudsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great hotel & location for the value. Friendly staff, ready to take care of your needs. The hotel staff realized they had several Indycar fans staying at the hotel & had Map Quest directions to the Pocono Raceway printed, ready to handout to fans. Lynne, Jerry & John were hotel staff we met during our visit. All of these people were great with guests, ready to serve. Continental breakfast was filling, so that eliminated an extra expense for the trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget, looking for an affordable hotel in the Poconos.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonnie G, General Manager at Super 8 Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
JB-DE Thank you for writing a review. We are happy you chose to stay with us during your visit for the Indy Race at Pocono. I am glad to hear that Lynne, Jerry and John were of assistance to you during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. It is great to have Indy back at Pocono after so many years!
Chicago vicinity
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My impressions went downhill quickly after our arrival. I had pre-paid for the room in order to save a few dollars on the inflated "tourist area" rate. The check-in clerk fouled up and charged me for two rooms. Then she suggested that I must have inadvertently submitted my Internet registration twice, and took way too long to correct the problem. The hallway had an ominous smell, and the room was a decade overdue for new furnishings.
On the positive side, the room was clean, there wasn't anything broken or malfunctioning and the beds were OK. At check out the clerk fixed the overcharge and acknowledged it was the night clerk's mistake. We skipped the paltry breakfast buffet and went to one of the many close by restaurants- many of which are very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bonnie G, General Manager at Super 8 Stroudsburg, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Big Tool, I apologize that there seems to have been a problem with your reservation. I see that you had stayed at the hotel 2 months ago, I wish you had contacted me regarding this so I could look into it further. We are in the process of doing renovations and unfortunately it does take time so not all of our rooms have been upgraded. The Super 8 Super Start breakfast is a continental breakfast and I am sorry if you had expected more than that. We do provide all of the items that Super 8 requires. I am glad that you were able to enjoy breakfast at one of the restaurants nearby. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Days Inn East Stroudsburg
#6 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos

Been to Super 8 Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!