“I was very pleasantly surprised at the comfort and...”

Super 8 Stroudsburg
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised at the comfort and furnishing of the room at the stroudsburg super 8 . I was offered a choice of rooms to suit my need for accessability as I have trouble on stairs. The room I stayed in was pleasant in its decoration, and had some "nicer" touches. The comfortable desk, and extra club chair with good lighting for reading, and watching the big television. The bath had attractive granite countertops, and simple ,clean fixtures. The shower with the massage head was welcome after many hours driving. The bed was really nice, and had a choice of 3 pillows, and nice blankets. As nice as I have experienced in much more expensive hotels. As for negative comments- I had trouble finding the actual driveway for the entrance, even though I could see the hotel. I also could hear my neighbors' heavy snoring when I was trying to fall asleep in the otherwise very quiet hotel. The morning check-out was easy, and I enjoyed having a cup of coffee, and some yogurt in the breakfast room. Easy access back to the highway, and I was on my way. I would definately seek this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Bonnie G, General Manager at Super 8 Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Robert M, thank you so much for your review! I am glad that you found your room to be comfortable and accommodating. I am glad you were able to find the entrance - the big
Super 8 sign is right on the corner at the entrance to the apartment complex and it is confusing as our entrance is past the sign! I am so sorry that your neighbor's snoring disturbed your rest! We look forward to having you stay with us when your travels bring you through the East Stroudsburg area again!

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Stroudsburg

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Hurricane sandy hit my area pretty hard. We were left without electricity and water for 11 days. Hotels in the area increased their rates. We didn't know where to go. Bonnie and her team were so helpful. They were extremely busy, but they understood our situation and managed to fit us in. We have a very small dog. She felt equally as uprooted as we did. They played with her, rubbed her belly, and gave her treats. Everything was clean and service was incredible. I recommend this hotel. If they can execute like they did during a crisis, I would imagine that their daily operations are top-notch.

• Stayed: November 2012
Bonnie G, General Manager at Super 8 Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Smartiann, thank you so much for your response. We were happy to accommodate you during your unfortunate circumstances. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Everyone was always so happy to see you, your husband and your dog. We enjoyed rubbing her belly and helping her to feel welcome here too! It is not always easy being in your situation without power for such a long period of time but we always do our best to make guests feel welcome and comfortable during their stay with us.

A Wyndham traveler
MAINEVILLE
Reviewed November 9, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Bonnie G, General Manager at Super 8 Stroudsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Country Club
Wolf Hollow at The Water Gap Cou...
#1 of 3 in Delaware Water Gap
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville

Been to Super 8 Stroudsburg? Share your experiences!