Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
collect1x
Lewes, Delaware
“House does NOT match the description”
Reviewed December 18, 2016 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

If I could give this a zero I would have but you are forced to give one. We rented this house for a family Christmas getaway this past weekend. We arrived on Thursday night to find a property that was not as described, nor were the pictures an accurate reflection of the current state of this home. It is rundown and not at all maintained. I'm not even sure where to start but I'll try.

First, the kitchen. The island countertop has burn marks. The chairs shown in the picture are not what is there now. They are cheap, spring popped uncomfortable stools. One of the three pendants shown hanging in the kitchen picture was missing with the cord tied in a knot. The microwave shown in the picture does not work and there is a cheap version on the counter. When we went to load the dishwasher there were large cracks in the plastic of the door so we were afraid to even use it. All cabinets and appliances were dirty and/or greasy. We were unable to locate a switch anywhere for the can lights. The kitchen was not well equipped- pots with broken handles and no mixing bowls. Not even a single wine glass to be had.

Second, the dining room. There are actually 2 pictures of the dining room- one "pre painted" and one post painting which is currently the orange color. The picture with the white chairs and white walls is not the dining room you will see in this house. The table is horribly bowed in the middle. There are 6 cheap chairs which are also spring worn and uncomfortable. They put 4 folding chairs in the corner for additional guests I assume. But there is absolutely no way this dining room "comfortably seats 12". As we were a party of 16 this was part of our decision to rent this house.

Third, the game room. The pool table was in such a state of disrepair you could not have a decent game. The felt was ripped in numerous places as well as deep gouges in the wood sides. There has been a couch put in the game room so it is very difficult to even move around the table. There also has been a big piece of unpainted plywood put behind the dart board. None of this is in the online pictures. We also had to clean up stale beer bottles left behind the curtains. The game system described as an amenity did not work. There were no cords for connection. Disappointed young family members.

Finally it was the overall dirty, worn appearance of the house. It appears they rent to college kids as the house looked a frat house (although the rental contract specifically stated only family units and above the age of 25). Walls are dented, dinged and dirty. Baseboard heating units have pieces falling off. One of the bedrooms had a bad doorknob and a cracked door. My mother got stuck in the room and had to yell for someone to help her get out. Towels in the bathrooms smelled musty. Third floor room had an indescribable odor. The third floor bathroom had the tiniest little shower with locker room benches facing it. Just really weird.

I emailed the rental company late Thursday evening after we arrived. They responded on Friday and offered to give us another house. But as I stated we were a party of 16 that had unpacked ski gear, food, drinks, and Christmas presents already. We just decided to bite the bullet and stay. The rental company Grand Leisure Travel said that to try to compensate they would send over lunch on Saturday between noon and one and give us a late 3pm checkout. As we aren't normally complainers at all we felt that was a great offer. They confirmed via email. No lunch ever arrived. At any time of any day. I contacted them late Saturday afternoon regarding the lunch and as I write this I have had no response.

My family has rented houses online for vacations for many years. This was hands down the worst disparity between pictures and the actual property we have ever encountered. We really feel it was total false advertising and are very upset that the homeowner and/or property rental company (Grand Leisure Travel) can get away with this.

I took pictures for reference but don't see a place to upload.

Management Response
Dec 13, 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your leaving us a review. We first wanted to thank you for staying with us. We are terribly sorry to read that you weren't satisfied with your stay. We are committed to providing a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests so what you have experienced is inexcusable.We apologize that we were unable to deliver on making your trip the perfect one.

Warm regards,
RedAwning Team
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing