“Great Brunch Service”

The Big A Grillehouse
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had purchased a double take offer coupon for Big A Grillhouse. While the brunch itself does not have a lot of choices they make up for it with items made from the kitchen like eggs benedict.soups and salads. The service is on linen and the servers go out of their way to take good care. They have built in a gradituty to the pricing but the service was so good that we left an addition. You can almost call this brunch romantic

2  Thank marc s

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Decided to go here based off of decent reviews..but do not listen to anyone who rates this place good. I swear it has to be the owners. We got there and an elderly woman named Flo was our waitress. She seemed friendly but more of a money seeking friendly then somene who actually cared. I got a glass of wine and had my ID ready because I get carded for everything. Flo told me to put it away because she could tell I'm old enough which I thought was kind of insulting and irresponsible. I ordered a glass of house pinot grigio and had better wine out of a box. I think I would have rather drank a 40 oz of malt liquor. I swore it was maybe 25% wine and 75% water. I got tilapia stuffed with crab meat. The menu stated it was cooked in a parchment pouch. Well it was brought out bundled in parchment and I had to fight to get to the fish which was not even worth it. I eat tilapia a lot and have never noticed so much dark gray meat at home. The crab was unrecognizable. It didn't even look like imitation crab...it looked like nothing I've ever seen and made me want to cry considering I already swallowed some of it. I asked for sauteed spinach instead of the "vegetable medley" which was carrots, stringbeans, and cauliflower. Is it 1980? Who would ever want that. Well guess what she said I could not get spinach although spinach was on the menu. She said she had to ask if I could get broccoli. After confirming I could get broccoli my boyfriend asked for it as well and she had to ask again. How can you only serve one vegetable choice? My boyfriend got a steak which he literally needed a chainsaw to cut through. We barely ate anything and when I saw the 74 dollar check I felt raped. I'm very shy and don't complain but after reading other reviews I'm glad I didn't since the manager would have simply argued with us. You could probably get better food at your local homeless shelter. Don't let them steal your money too.

1  Thank foodcriticxxkk
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This place looks beautiful from the exterior however you will do a double take when you enter the restaurant. At First i thought we entered through a catering entrance or something, but soon learned differently. The surprises did not end there. The interior is old looking, so dated, not very clean, and old beaten up server ware. For the price i expected a whole lot more.

There was a decent drink menu however i stuck with house wine not wanting to test fate. The wine was not bad. Again, not wanting to tempt fate i opted for the steak and sweet potatoe fries. The steak was cooked as requested though on the fatty side. For dessert we ordered the tiramisu and as expected it was a nasty glob in a glass.
To sum up, forgettable meal, dismal decor, over priced. Oh i forgot very nice wait staff. This place needs to clean up their act i can only imagine how gross the kitchen must be I will not return

1  Thank Cissinora
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband's steak for $24.99 was huge - cooked perfectly as he asked;Medium Well. My kids both ordered off the kids menu; steak medallions - the 4 medallions were teeny tiny for $9.99 each, but it did include a beverage and a small ice cream(so I guess that was about right for a tourist destination). It looks like there were a lot of rooms to eat in, but we were tired so I didn't look for a better place to sit. They kinda stuck us in a corner. We were a table of 5 plus a baby, yet we were charged gratuity on the check? I don't know why, but like I said we were too tired to complain.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My steak dinner was cooked nicely and tasted great! My husband had shrimp and it was tasty too. We're glad we visited and would recommend it.