Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in East Stroudsburg
See available hotels
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
  • Breakfast included
Pocono Palace Resort(Marshalls Creek)
  • Breakfast included
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)
View Hotel
Ridge Top Village at Shawnee(Shawnee on Delaware)
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
  • Breakfast included
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
View Hotel
Depuy Townhouses(Shawnee on Delaware)
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor and outdoor poolsnegative reviewspaintballpennsylvaniaplayground
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I REALLY have no idea why there are some reviews on here about this place that are so negative.

My boyfriend and I, along with 2 other couples, stayed in the 2 bedroom villa (with loft) and had a wonderful time. The villa was very clean and the staff had clearly gone out of their way to make it look nice (starter kit with dish soap, sponges, paper towels was nicely laid out in kitchen and utensils were neatly placed in drawers, etc).

Upon check-in we were handle with a positive attitude and excellent instructions and service. We were given everything we needed and all of our questions were answered without irritation.

The villa was adorable with open concept kitchen/dining area/living room perfect for hanging out with friends or lounging. There were multiple balconies which was nice and the bedrooms were cozily snuggled downstairs. The loft offered enough privacy in my opinion. It has 2 twin beds but we pushed them together and it worked well for us.

I really wouldn't call this place run down. It doesn't look brand new but it is well kept and cared for. The decor looks a bit outdated but in a way that makes it feel cozy, like someone's grandma's house maybe. I personally prefer this look to "chic and modern" for the purposes of a winter ski getaway.

*The only slight disappointment we had was that the fireplace is really an electric fake one- we had looked forward to sitting by an actual fire because the fireplace was advertised. I think this distinction should be made clear on their website and in their resort descriptions but it wasn't a huge deal.

The food at the restaurant was good and there is a grocery store nearby.

We had a great time tubing on the resort.

We enjoyed skiing on Shawnee mountain which is very close by.
My boyfriend and I will be returning at the end of the month to the Treetops side of the resort.

If you are super picky and will not enjoy your stay because there is a scratch on the leg of a chair then I guess you should stay at the Ritz. These must be the kinds of people making negative reviews. Otherwise you will have a lovely time here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank badicalbritt
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation.

Our staff takes great pride in offering exceptional service, so that all of our guests can have an enjoyable vacation experience.

Our Resort offers many different types of villas from a cozy one bedroom or studio to a 2, 3 and 4 bedrooms depending on the size of your party.

Guest feedback is very important to us and we do indeed value our guests input and concerns. We have made significant improvements property wide and will continue to do so that we can accommodate our guests to the fullest.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

With all the mixed reviews we were a bit leery about going there but we figured it couldn't be as bad as some made it sound. If you are looking for a 5 star resort, this is not the place to go, but then is there really a resort like that in the Poconos. We had a 1 bedroom villa in the Treetops section. It turned out to be a very nice unit. Granted the decor screamed late 80s early 90s but it was fairly well maintained. Granted we did have 2 minor issues. A bad heating element on the stove and a broken bracket in the sleeper sofa that supported the matterss. Both were quickly attended to by the maintinence staff. Otherwise there was no other issues that a bit of paint and new walcoverings wouldn't fix. White Lightning the on site snow tubing hill was lots of fun, we all enjoyed ourselves. The hot tub in the pool area in the main hotel was out of service due to some equipment problems. There was a large kind of unruly group in the pool area at the time so we decided to go to the pool at the Fairways section of the resort. We did mention to a staff member we saw in the hallway that the group at the pool was getting a bit out of hand and there were also glass bottles in the pool area and she sounded very upset that this was going on and she would have someone remedy the situation right away. Granted there was an attendant at the pool but she looked like a teenager and probably didn't want to upset this group by calling for assistance. The pool at the Fairways section was quite plesant. Granted like a lot of places in the resort it could stand some freshening up. In defense of the resort according to some staff members I spoke with the entire resort in in the midst of a update. Right now I was told they are focusing on the villas because they are also timeshare units and are one of the big money makers for them. Overall this was a very fun experience for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank HFWNJ

While the pool area you are referring to is owned and operated by The Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center, which is separate from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, I was happy to hear that a member of their staff responded immediately to your concerns.

We have also started an aggressive refurbishment program as well as a Preventive Maintenance Program and will continue to make other improvements property wide.

We hope that you will take the time to come visit us again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Chose a 1 bedroom villa so we would have a hot tub. But when we tried to use it the water was murky and brown and wasn't even hot. The shower was cramped and the shower head needed to be replaced and was spurting everywhere-more what you would find at a campground than a resort. There was an overall dingy feel to the place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Please accept my apologies for your dissatisfaction while visiting with us. I can understand your disappointment in not getting the vacation you had hoped for. We appreciate all of our guest’s input regarding the property whether positive or negative. I was truly sorry to read that we fell short of your exceptions.

I have spoken to our Senior Operations Manager with regard to the brown material. The resort’s main water supply system gets flushed routinely. However, there are occasions where some mineral deposits come out when the water is turned back on inside each villa, and after reviewing the dates more closely, I believe this is what you encountered during your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My girlfriend and I went for a 2 night 3 day getaway at one of the villa's. The couch in the room was miserable and the most uncomfortable couch I have set on and we had no hot water in the shower at all we had to take a bath in the Jacuzzi. For 168 a night i expected a lot more.

Room Tip: dont stay in the villa's
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I apologize that you were not happy with your stay at The Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway.

Guest feedback is very important to us. I have asked our Quality Assurance Team to try and determine the villa in which you stayed so a thorough inspection can be completed. I only wish you had reached out to our Front Desk or Villa Services Department during your stay. We would have been more than happy to assist you to ensure you had a most enjoyable stay.

We are consistently working to maintain and upgrade our resort. Our staff work diligently to ensure our guests are given the experience they deserve. I hope that you will take time in the future to visit us again and see the improvements we have made.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Fernwood needs a lot of updating. We were disappointed that a sauna was advertised on the website but were told when we got there that it had been "taken out years ago". The hot tub in one of the pool areas had yellow caution tape sectioning it off. It just looked creepy. We stayed in the Villas area of the resort--the room was ok. The bathroom was less than clean. We had four people in our room and therefore had to use the sofa bed, I've never seen a sofa bed in such bad shape. The service at the restaurants is VERY slow. We won't go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay and for the concerns you reported in your comments. I only wish you had made your displeasure known to us regarding the bathroom and sofa bed so that we may have addressed or relocated you to another villa that would have been more to your liking. I can assure you that I will investigate why these issues were not addressed prior to the villa being released for check in.

The sauna and hot tub that you are referring to are owned and operated by Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center which is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I do apologize on their behalf.

We are continuously working to improve our resort and hope you will have an opportunity to visit again and see the changes.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.