Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway
$103
Echo Valley Cottages(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$150
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$79
QualityInn
$82
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$64
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
$71
$69
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
$69
Hampton Inn Stroudsburg / Poconos(Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$105
Hampton.com
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
$68
$53
Timothy Lake South RV(East Stroudsburg)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor and outdoor poolsnegative reviewspaintballpennsylvaniaplayground
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Okay...My friend and I just returned from a two day stay at Fairway. I have to admit that I was terrified at some of the reviews I read. I even called the resort to ask why they thought they were getting so many bad reviews. Well, I was so relieved to walk into one of the most beautiful villas I have stayed at in a long time. This was my friends first resort. When I told her the AFVC rated the villas a 2 key, she said she could not imagine what a 5 key would be. We did have two wasps in the masterbedroom, but one phone call and 30 minutes later the wasps were gone. I wish we could have stayed longer...there was so much to do. I plan to return with my whole family to really enjoy all the ammenities and activities the resort has to offer. Please give this great resort a try before you are scared off by the reviews...I almost cancelled! Thanks for a great couple of days!!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the newer units
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rachelle P
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our staff works diligently to ensure each guest enjoys every moment while with us. We are pleased we were able to succeed in making your trip to the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway a great one.

Our villa accommodations, TreeTops and Fairway are designed for all to enjoy families, couples and singles alike.

We pride ourselves in offering many varied activities right on property so that families can enjoy quality time together or separately should you choose to do so.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the future

Reviewed October 7, 2013

It wasn't the worst place we ever stayed in, but not great. We booked a two night fall hiking package, arrived on a Saturday and check in was smooth. Drove up to our tree top villa, just a one bedroom on the bottom floor. Lots of damage to the property here and there. The kitchen cabinets did not shut, microwave door closed but had a piece broken off, the refrigerator door had mold on the rubber strip. I didn't use the burners, only microwave and toaster. Was convenient to have though. It had a nice dining area. The bathroom was ok, no real place to hang towels which was annoying. The sofa bed faces the bed and the tv was in a corner of the room that you could only view by sitting on the bed which was a bit awkward. The dresser drawers did not open or shut properly either. There was a large closet with a few wire hangers which was fine for only a two day stay. Place needs a lot of upgrades at least in the villa we were in. There also was no Wi-Fi for a regular laptop which was a bit annoying when we tried to look up places to go eat or explore. All in all for the price of approx. 250 for two nights, not impressed and probably would not stay again unless I heard it was fixed up ALOT. They did ask if you would do the tour which I would assume is to sell timeshare maybe for the nicer area of the property but we were not interested in coming back. You also did have to strip the bed yourself and put your own garbage out to the curb.
We ate at the sports bar one night, only food place open on the property. Other restaurant had shut down because no business in it. Deli wasn't open at night. Food was ok in Bleachers but not wonderful. Server was a great young girl and very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lherman2012, Customer Service at Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed with your stay and for the concerns you reported in your comments, I only wish you had made your displeasure known to us so that we may have addressed or relocated you to another villa that would have been more to your liking. I can assure you that I have referred the villa to our Quality Assurance Team for a thorough inspection and I will investigate why these issues were not addressed prior to the villa being released for check in.

The restaurant’s and Deli that you are referring to are owned and operated by Fernwood Hotel and Convention Center which is owned and operated separately from the Fernwood Resort and The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway. I do apologize on their behalf that they were not opened during your stay with us. Fernwood Resort offers our Wintergreens Patio Grill, which offers many different theme nights and is located by our Tubing Park and Pro Shop.

We are continuously working to improve our resort and hope you will have an opportunity to visit again and see the changes.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed in one of the beautiful newer units. Upon check in we found a safety hazard in the room, however I was impressed with the housekeeping supervisor and how she handled the situation. I did request to speak with the general manager, however he never contacted me during our week long stay. The children enjoyed the specialized kids activities and liked the staff. We will be returning again in March.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vacationmommie

Thank you for taking the time to review your November 2012 stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your vacation and our location.

I do apologize for the issue you had in the villa upon check in, but am glad the Housekeeping Supervisor was able to assist you. I am unsure whom you left a message for asking to speak to the General Manager, and I apologize if a member of the management team failed to return your call. We are all very attentive and prompt in responding to guest phone calls.

We look forward to your next visit in March.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This really is a fun place to spend a few days. Sure it's not the newest place but it really has a lot to offer. My wife and son just got back from spending the weekend there. We were in a great condo. We played golf on the very nice well kept course, And the staff was very professional
We went tubing on a year round slope they created. My son went horse back riding. At their stables. Lots of pools on the property both indoor and outdoor. For a fun active weekend you can't beat it

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Petestravel27

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are pleased everyone enjoyed your weekend getaway at our resort. As you stated Fernwood Resort offers many different activities for everyone to enjoy. Our new Blue Lighting Tubing Park is the only all season Tubing Park in the Poconos and has been a big hit this year. We are happy you and your family were able to experience our many different activities.

We hope that you will take the time to come visit us again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for night and let me tell you we could not sleep. The bed and sofabed were old and you could feel the wires(springs). If we come back we will bring airbed instead.
My husband usually nap but he could not do it. Beds are too cheap. Never seen something like this on a resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank FELICIA S

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations with us. I was disappointed to hear of the concerns that you had made mention of.

I have passed your review along to our Quality Assurance Team so that they may determine the villa in which you stayed so that the bed and sofa bed can be inspected and replaced.

We appreciate all feedback from our guests and use it to our advantage. We are striving daily to improve our guests overall vacationing experience.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts with us.