“Marginal food, surly service...”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Chancey's Pub

Chancey's Pub
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Marginal food, surly service...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I recently spent an extended weekend in Lancaster and dropped by Chancey's which, over the years, we have visited on at least three previous occasions. Bad decision. The place has devolved into something of a "joint" with an overall honky tonk personality that seems to cater primarily to its regular bar crowd and which only tolerates "strangers" -- who actually should be considered guests, right? When I asked my waitress if I could get my wings order split half buffalo and half garlic-parm, before I could even complete my request she abruptly interrupted with a curt "No" with no additional explanation. I seriously considered leaving Chancey's at this point and now wish I had. Our meals were just edible and far from delicious. Chancey's sub-par food, combined with its surly service and unfriendly atmosphere make this place an altogether unpleasant dining experience.

• Visited August 2013

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Just ok -”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went after work to meet up w/an old friend for drinks and a bite to eat. We sat at the bar. The bartenders didn't seem too happy to be there. One wouldn't even crack a smile which I found very off-puttish. We had drinks and ordered their soup of the day(cream of crab & asparagus), chicken quesadillas and shephards pie. The food was good, but could've had a bit more flavor. It might help if they shortened the menu a bit - so they're able to concentrate on a few special meals instead of a massive menu. We also think the decor could use some updating - we don't think it's changed in years. We had a good time, but that was because of our company.

• Visited July 2013
Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Enjoyed our night out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

First time we have been to Chancey's in years. Food was great and so was our service. We were there during a slow period, so that may have something to do with it. The hot wings were fantastic. My wife got the Chicken fajita pizza 'special'. She enjoyed it so much she asked the waitress to tell the chef how good it was. Thought the prices were very reasonable.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The first time we hit up Chancey's we had a great time. The food was awesome, the wait staff was great, we were excited to try them again sometime.

Then we went last weekend and it was a completely different experience. The food was ok, though they messed up our nachos. Wings were good but $.95 for blue cheese? Seriously? And $.75 for celery? Keep in mind the wings were $10. For that price, the extras should be free.

Now our waitress was horrible. She gave our food to other tables, she gave other tables our food. She would take drink orders and not bring them yet all of this still ended up on our bill.

The manager was a rock star though. She did an excellent job fixing the mistakes of the wait staff. But, if they really want a fix, hire competent people.

• Visited January 2013
Pennsylvania
“Food has gone downhill....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We used to love stopping in to Chancey's for a drink and a bite but taking a break for now. We had the pretzel appetizer which we used to love but were disappointed to take a bite and discover that the pretzel was stale and still frozen in the middle. Our entrees were equally as disappointing. Bangers and Mash for my husband and tuna tacos for me. My suggestion, cut down on the menu as long as a novel. Have a handfull of dishes and concentrate on making them taste good! Service was mediocre. Hostesses are too busy chit chatting to pay much attention to you coming or going. Such a shame because this used to be a really good neighborhood establishment.

• Visited August 2012