“Disappointing.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Route 72 (Manheim Pike)
Description: Haydn Zug's offers fine dining in seven separate dining rooms decorated in Williamsburg Colonial decor. With an award winning wine list, Haydn Zug's seats over 200 guests.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had looked forward to visiting Haydn Zug's, enjoyed being in the Williamsburg-like atmosphere, but were very disappointed in the pricey lunch that we had at this restaurant.

1  Thank Judith W

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love a fine dining experience and know that the price of that is high. Our expensive dinners have always left us satisfied and wanting to return...this was not the case with Haydn Zugs. The menu was mediocre at best. My husband had scallops which had to be sent back because they were visibly burned black on the bottom. They were returned but not after a wait that rendered dinner disappointing since the other diners had begun eating and the "do-over" scallops were served when we were just about finished. My baked chicken was on the dry side and the risotto that was suppossed to be "unbelievable" was average and pastey. We were comped a dessert but the pumpkin cheese cake was just ordinary. When we see prices for entrees in the high 20's and 30 dollar mark, we expect creativity and attention to detail. The owner was attentive in coming to our table when the error was made but I don;t think the chef has ownership (I'm not sure) and that makes all the difference in the world with the meticulousness of the service and the creativity and excellence of cuisine. I will say the place was decorated very nicely but you don't eat decorations. For that high end price, we'll stick with the Log Cabin for consistently reliable fine food.

1  Thank Flanlgirl
Reviewed November 24, 2012

little portions. cold food. not crowded as others tried and also did not like it. waiter was rude also.

1  Thank EsquireElle
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went for lunch Service hours are 11:30 - 4 we arrived at 1:30 so timing was not the issue. Several couples were dining but we waited 10 minutes to be greeted. Several servers were present but seating was not their job description. This said once we were seated the staff did a great job recovering. Seating is very crowded in small rooms, something I am uncomfortable with. Ordered the special sausage sandwich, my mistake which I accept responsibility for, soup was excellent and a goat cheese salad extremely good, my wife's sandwich was also good, mine not. Food was ok but pricing way out of line. All said and done I would normally rate this as a good meal but poor value if the evening bar tender had not walked in and made it by far the worst dining experience ever. He is very loud with an over powering personality. He talks to himself and complains about how the bar was stocked and left from last service etc. New server training should not be done in the middle of the room with his voice. I will never forget or forgive this place for his service. Stay away.

1  Thank Coachmec
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The menu offers a wide varierty from comfort food to haute cuisine. The soup and main courses were deicious. We went for lunch there were 4 tables filled in the dining room and there was a large party in another room. The staff was friendly but too busy waiting on the tables and the party. Our entrees were delivered before we finished our soup then we had to wait a long time before we received our check, we asked for it twice. I would go back but I hope they have enough staff on hand.