“Just okay”
Review of Bamboo

Bamboo
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Was a little disappointed. Food was just average. Liked it better before it reopened as Bamboo, they had a great lunch buffet. Tea was terrible, asked for more teabags and was told let it sit longer.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Made an unplanned visit here for dinner with my family. Authentic Szechuan food!! Yum! My daughter ordered the shredded pork with garlic sauce. I had the shrimp & scallops with spinach. Grandmom ordered shrimp fried rice. Mom ordered Shrimp Lo Mein. All were outstanding, service was good, our server was helpful with choosing entrees when we inquired. They even made the shredded pork w/garlic sauce less spicy for my daughter. Portions are generous, enough for the next day. I will make a regular stop to Bamboo when I am in the area.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

WOW! My wife and I stumbled upon Bamboo after realizing Pho Thai Nam and Blue Fin were both closed on our Monday date night. What a pleasant surprise to arrive at this revamped restaurant. It's a BYOB now with authentic Szechuan cuisine. The owner was super nice and explained how the double fried bacon was homemade; which may I add was an incredible dish. I went with the house special steamed pork which was OUT OF THIS WORLD! We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank DannyZ24
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My wife and I have visited Bamboo a few times over the last month for lunch, a few dinners and take out. Every time we have been delighted with the food! My wife having lived in Szechuan in China has very high standards for authentic food and this place easily compares to the best places we were able to find in NYC Chinatown! The dishes that claim to be spicy actually are and the chefs use of the Szechuan pepper is spot on. There are decent vegetarian offerings as well as Americanized Chinese dishes for the less adventurous. The service is good, friendly and accommodating but the overall decor could be a little more exciting. Every time we have been there the place is full with Chinese and Korean customers which we always take as a good sign that the food is both authentic and high quality. Bamboo has become our new go-to Chinese place, definitely
worth checking out.