“Outstanding sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Outstanding sushi”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Take it from a sushi snob - this is an awesome place! BYOB for wine/beer if you want any. Great service and food quality - always busy - a good sign! You'll pay quality prices but you will be happy you did.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent food. This restaurant was a suggestion from a friend. Reasonable price as well. The service was very happy and quick.

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“None Better”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

There is no better sushi restaurant in the region, and by that I include New York City. The owner and chefs of this spot are dedicated to creativity and quality, and take great pride in their creations. I wondered about other reviews questioning why they were seated at the preferred sushi bar seats, where you not only get great food and service but an amazing show. My wife and I occasionally order an appetizer and some rolls, but have begun allowing the owner to feed us whatever he wishes, and the dishes are unbelievable. Since this is a BYOB, I highly recommend bringing a few extra beers or a little extra wine, champagne or liquor and offering some to your neighbors at the sushi bar, and even to the chefs...a guaranteed good time will follow. Even without alcohol, the food is worth the visit. When it comes to sushi, there is none better. In my house, we no longer suggest going out for sushi but instead only suggest going out to Blue Fin. Reservations suggested.

• Visited January 2013
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Great Sushi.”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I brought my clients in here for lunch and dinner. They were pleasantly surprised how fresh the fish was. The servers were efficient, well mannered and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Norristown, Pennsylvania
“Wait, You Love Sushi & Haven't Been to Blue Fin. GO NOW!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I have been going to Blue Fin for the past few years to celebrate special occasions or to just treat ourselves when we were craving sushi.

Straight up, it's a little on the pricey side but worth every penny. It's a BYO so that helps cut costs a bit. We always start with their edamame and usually try at least something from their specials menu (this is a MUST!). On our most recent trip on 1/10/13 we tried the New England Roll (tempura lobster roll, amazing!) All of their specialty rolls are equally delicious, some of our faves include: the oyster mushroom (a bit spicy), the davitch, and the noname I & II. Folks also rave about the tuna sundae but alas, I'm allergic to peanuts so we usually pass on that one. (you know, I've never asked to have it served w/o nuts, I guess they would do that huh?)

Service is always wonderful. You do get the feeling that they swoon over the regulars but I've never felt slighted on any visit and my water glass was always full. The only thing that bums me out is when I am not offered an ice bucket for my white wine. Others seem to get it w/o asking. On our last visit our waiter Matt was gracious, friendly and very helpful explaining all of the specials.

Oh, and save room for dessert, the fried bananas are out of this world.

TIP: DEFINITELY make a reservation, even for week nights. You can get lucky sometimes. We called last Thursday afternoon and were given a 6:45pm ressie at the sushi bar for that evening. It was my first time at the sushi bar. I thought it would be a tad awkward staring at the chefs all night but it was fun seeing them work their magic. The amount of avacados I saw being peeled was incredible.

I also heard a rumor that their original location in the strip mall on Germantown Pike (Philly Pretzel, Venezia's Meats, etc.) was reopened. If you live or are visiting the Montgomery County area GO TO BLUEFIN!

• Visited January 2013