Old Summer House
A Suite Escape(East Earl)
$169
Country Squire Motor Inn(New Holland)(Great Value!)
$97
Hollander Motel(New Holland)
$80
$75
Comfort Inn Amish Country(New Holland)(Great Value!)
$113
Travelers Rest Motel(Intercourse)(Great Value!)
$103
The Waynebrook Inn(Honey Brook)
$89
$82
$131
Harvest Drive Family Inn(Intercourse)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
$129
$125
Travelocity
$86
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We had such a relaxing stay and wish we could have stayed another night or two. There were 2 beds upstairs which were cozy. Cable TV downstairs w/ a daybed and full kitchen. The Breakfast was delivered to our kitchen and was Outstanding !!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank SallyCville
Reviewed August 29, 2010

This was our third time staying at The Old Summer House. Although, I do have to say it's listed as a hotel and I would definatly say it's a Bed and Breakfast more than a hotel for sure. I stayed with my husband and 7 year old son and had a wonderful time! Each time we've been here the Stoners have made us feel right at home! Everything was very clean and I just loved having a fully-equiped kitchen as well! There is a playset and a wooden playhouse for the kids and plenty of room for them to run around! A very friendly dog Jezz kept us company as we roamed the yard filled with so much to see and do! Miniature horses, chickens (my son got to help feed them!), a beautiful pond, beautiful views! The breakfasts each morning we amazing and defiantly filled us all up! Fresh fruit from local farms was amazing! We will return!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Disneylover4854
Reviewed June 14, 2009

The other reviewer (Paul Maynard) did an excellent job of describing the Old Summer House. I will focus my efforts on the few remaining topics.
This is one of those places you go to escape. I originally booked the Old Summer House because of the full kitchen and its location (we attended multi-day wedding festivities 2 miles away). Within a few hours of arrival, I discovered that it is one of the most peaceful places that I have been. I found myself leaving early from the festivities in order to get back to the farm.
Call me selfish, but I was apprehensive about posting a review, I would like to keep this place to myself. The main reason I took the time was a nod in appreciation to Karen for her hospitality.
I have traveled extensively and I have to say this place is in my top 5 and here is why: the tranquility and the breakfast.
No matter what the weather, this place is peaceful. If the sun is out then enjoy a book out by the pond, if it is raining then listen to the drops hit the tin roof. If you like animals, there are plenty to choose from of the normal farm variety and they are very well behaved and maintained. Their Rottweiler is one of the nicest dogs I have ever met.
The breakfasts served were the best I have ever had. For example the first morning there Karen came in with white chocolate scones, raspberry crumb cake, fresh sliced apples, and grapes on the vine. She also included fresh whipped cream. Everything was freshly homemade and still warm from the oven. I found myself eating lunch around 3pm!
And now for some practical comments. The following sentences were not written as a critique as much as a reality check. From experience, perfect reviews raise expectations to such a high level that you are almost forced to be disappointed by the actual experience. I have stayed in $500/night rooms that gave me far more to gripe about.
This is a bed and breakfast so do not expect organic shampoo made from some rare amazonian plant. I would recommend bringing your own soap/shampoo.
The water heater is not dedicated for the B&B. Everyday but Sunday all of the farm hands are up and working long before the rest of us mere mortals, but on Sunday they get to sleep in and therefore shower later than normal. What this means is that if you get up 7-8am on Sunday you may not have a great deal of hot water. And those are the downsides, I plan on returning, frequently.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jamphipp
Reviewed April 21, 2008

Felt completely at home on this beautiful farm. It was unbelievably quiet, rarely saw any of the family/residents but when I did they were friendly and not at all obtrusive.

The B&B itself is unique, totally unlike other B&B's I have stayed at. A path led from my parking space to the separate, two-story house. And it truly was like a house. Beautiful original fire/cooking area (even the two huge "kettles" are still in place) but you have a full modern kitchen to use. The main level is very well lit and comfortable, in addition to the kitchen you have a full dining set, day bed and very comfortable recliner. (Didn't realize there was a DVD player, would have brought some movies as the tv only got a few channels ... but it was a good chance to catch-up on reading!)

The upstairs is absolutely beautiful, including the original stairs leading to the upper level and the old exposed beams. Very large room with one small window, which gives a spectacular view of the fields and the night sky, even from the exceptionally comfortable bed. There is also a comfy sofa bed in addition to two dressers -- and yet the room is still spacious. The bathroom is very nice, big old sink and new tub/shower.

Continental breakfast was exceptionally good and filling. If you're asleep or out roaming the fields, the tray seems to magically appear on the table.

And the farm animals ... that was the best. Puppies (and their proud Mama). Kittens. Calves. Chickens. And the year old Rottweiler "puppy" -- a HUGE big baby who loves to smile.

Perfect location. Just roam the fields or sit outside under the tree and moon. Undoubtedly you'll have at least two kittens and a dog or two curled up with you while you watch two geese approach and land on the neighboring pond. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled solo