“We love Shady Maple!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We plan to make annual visits to the Shady Maple during our camping excursions. There are so many food items to choose from, and it was all very good! I love the store attached also, we had a good time in there as well. It has a tendency to get pretty busy, but I wouldn't pass it by!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place is huge!! The food was decent just overwhelming with the selections and crowds. Not much organization as far as lines for food. Sort of a free for all.. Food fresh constant turnover. For once drinks included at a buffet. Lots of selections something for everyone

Reviewed April 23, 2014

As a Lancaster and Chester County local for decades, I have witness the growth of this self-contained grocery store and Germanic-influenced smorgasbord into its sprawling complex. Newbies be prepared for a wonderful experience: clean, efficient [given the busloads that visit], decent food variety, economic reasonableness, and a subtle nod to basic "home" meal values [a sign instructs patrons to use their phone ONLY in the lobby]. Senior citizens [60+] do have a meal discount. I had a typical "American meal: corn, peas, Harvard beets, and beef brisket. Deeeliciously good and fresh tasting!! I will mentioned that I asked for the green peppers, onions, and mushrooms to be stir-fried at the Asian station, because the mushrooms and onions at the beef station looked over-cooked. If your are a tourist or taking a bus tour through the area, this is about the best place to eat a consistently wonderful meal for a reasonable price. If there is any negative side to this eating experience, it would be that regular visitation to Shady Maple Smorgasbord would certainly bring your BMI into dangerous territory. You have been warned!

2  Thank WeRboomers
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have never been to a place like this and I was completely overwhelmed by all the choices! Everything was delicious. I loved the opportunity to try foods I have never eaten before.
I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Shady Maple Smorgasbord is awesome. So much food you don't even know where to start. We have been there several times for lunch/dinner but had never been there for breakfast before. It was great. I don't think that it's anything special to the food it's just that they offer so much. With breakfast being my favorite meal of the day, I so totally enjoyed all the variety of pancakes, waffles and build to preference omelets. Not to mention all the other food on display. This is definitely a place to visit if you're in the area. Warning, it gets really crowded.

1  Thank Lisa B