Shady Maple Smorgasbord
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

We were told about this place by some friends. We went at 6 pm on a Saturday night and waited for 15 minutes in line to pay and another 15 minutes in line to be seated. The size of the establishment, and the amount of food items they offer is quite impressive; however the taste of the food is just average. My husband and I got completely different items, he went for steak, BBQ, and totally different sides than I did. I tried Cajun tilapia, smoked sausage, and fried shrimp and different sides. We tasted what the other had on their plates. Even the desserts we found to be just okay. We are not picky eaters by any means.

This food, other than the amount of choices, is exactly what we normally get at Golden Corral and Ryan's, except that it cost an extra $10 per person. I wish we would have gone to a smaller restaurant with more local foods. We will do that on our next trip to the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This a massive place, and the food is pretty overwhelming.

Food quality is suprisingly good, and it serves the best coffee anywhere.

Be ready to deal with lots of other people, as it is always crowded.

Best, most professional restaurant staff I have ever seen.

1  Thank dkkckk
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This is THE place to go when you're hungry! Our family really enjoys this place. You can bring a wide variety of people here and each one of them will find some thing delicious to eat. The options are endless, and it's always hot and tasty. The rolls and apple butter are one of my favorites. Don't forget dessert! They have a wonderful gift store down below too.

2  Thank thenewgirlVT
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am not a fan of smorgasbord style eating! In fact for the most part find it discusting . With being said, I do enjoy Shady Maple. The staff are very attentive to keeping food lines clean. The wait staff are plentiful and very helpful. The quality of food is out standing, fresh home cooking at its best!

1  Thank luv2travelGettysburg
Reviewed January 21, 2014

First time visitor. We went during a snowstorm and this place was still busy. Massive facility and I mean massive. Incredible variety of food...every kind of comfort food you can think of. Plenty from every food category. Most things I tried were decent...nothing that was outstanding. Got some whoopee pies on the way out and my husband said they were the best he ever had. Wish I had more time to check out the gift shop. Nice place, good service...would definitely go back.