“Best Ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shady Maple Smorgasbord

Shady Maple Smorgasbord
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in East Earl
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Best Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Shady Maple is by far the best smorgasbord I have ever ate at. We were visiting family in Quarryville and they took us there. WOW. You name the food most likely its on there. I can put some food away but I didnt get to try everything its impossable in one trip. The bar is something like 175feet? Its massive. If you walk away hungry its your own fault.

• Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Buffet and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We arrived here on a saturday afternoon. We got seated within 15 minutes, The cost was about $40 for 2 people. The buffet was endless from seafood, to comfort food, and even Slurpees. When we left the line was starting to form, I would suggest going in off hours between meals for fastest seating. The gift shop is nice to look at as well. We will be returning there for other events.

• Visited November 2013
Dacula, Georgia
“If you build it, they will come...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Shady Maple is a magnet for locals and tourists alike. Set in the midst of Amish farmland and countryside, it is situated on top of a hill with a view for miles. The food is traditional Pennsylvania Dutch, and plenty of it. This is the largest restaurant/smorgasbord I have ever visited, and the place seats hundreds of people. The sheer size of it is impressive. Add to that the delicious food, with daily specials, keeps people coming back for more and more and more! There are plenty of choices for vegans and carnivores, anything from fresh vegetables from down the road, to delicious hams, chicken and steaks. This is a very family friendly restaurant, and a great place to bring a group, but do not expect an intimate dining experience. The rooms are large, and consist of rows of tables and chairs, along with large round chairs for groups. Please note that you do serve yourself, and for those impaired guests, assistance would be needed. Great place and friendly employees make it worth remembering.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Karen G
York, Pennsylvania
“Favorite "special" place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

Overall, I can't think of a better place to go to enjoy my Birthday, Anniversary, or any other special occasion since it is a 70 mile drive for us but ALWAYS worth it. They have great food at a great quantity and quality. They have a specialized theme each night and have carving and skillet stations. This can be a very very busy place especially on Saturdays but the lines waiting to pay and be seated move quickly. I have been there numerous times and I have never been disappointed. Be sure to check their website for seating/serving times and for the nightly specials. They are closed Sundays. I read some of the other reviews and to be honest, I have eaten at other restaurants that have buffet and menu choices and price wise you can't beat it. The help can be friendly or not but I tend to look at how busy it is and how hurried I may have been. That tends to weigh on the friendliness of customers as well as staff. As for the waiting time, I have gone to some of the chain restaurants and had to wait 45-75 minutes for a table and then another 30 minutes for my food and only one serving for the $40 price. As for the drive, as I said it is 70 miles for me but a beautiful drive via Lancaster County.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank DARLENE O
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Mega meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

A typical eyes are bigger than your stomach type that has a mass buffet almost as large as a football field. We live here in PA and have never ventured. So on a rainy day in January we took the kids.
Its a very expansive dining experience thats a destination for many. Lots of hot food and so many choices. What interested me the most was the local dishes of buttered cabbage, bbq baked lima beans and amish cheeses. They even had shoe fly pie.
Its a good place to try out. There is only a limit to when your stomach says enough but everyone had fun trying new items and flavors.

• Visited January 2014