“Great food! Friendly Staff! Clean”

Shady Maple Smorgasbord
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in East Earl
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
“Great food! Friendly Staff! Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ate here on the recomendation of the matainance man at our hotel. Don't let the price scare you away, it is a little costly. However, you get what you pay for. We ate at a lot of restuarants around Lancaster and they all were pretty equal in cost, so for the amount you get here it is so worth it. The price includes, Drink (all you can drink), food (all you can eat), and tip (they don't want you to tip at the table, this is the only fault I found). They have just about any drink and food you could think of. Milk (Chocolate as well), many differnt rootbeers, teas, soda's, coffee, and much more. The food goes on forever!!! I loved the pretzle rolls, we ate pretzles on our trip that couldn't compare with the taste of this roll. My biggest complant on food and drink was I couldn't eat enough. I just wanted to keep eating and got full to soon. I guess the only thing to tip for was the people taking dishes off the table, altough the lady removing our dishes wasn't real friendly, there was one little lady taking dishes off tables next to our section and she seemed to be really sweet and talked a lot to customers. I think I would have had a hard time not tipping her. She seemed really great. I recomend you eating here if you are in Lancaster. Liked it better than any of the family style restuarants in the area. You could spend the whole day at Shady Maple, there is lots to do there.

1 Thank Lana T

• Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Smorgasbord”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our family visited here for lunch last week. The restaurant can seat 2,200 people at a time and is well organized. The prices are excellent. The buffet is amazing, but most things are duplicated -- a sensible system. Everything, including beverages, is self serve. There was even fresh cider available. I must admit that I found the overabundance a tad embarrassing. Do we need this much food? Nevertheless, this was a great meal. Just don't try to try everything available! :)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AnAtlasinMyPurse
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Delicious Amish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a beautiful place to go. There was so much food, and it was delicious. The turkey was cut thick, and you could cut it with your fork, their barbecued beef was the best I have ever had. Their prime rib roast was very tender and delicious. You couldn't possibly try everything there was so much to choose from.

On the bottom floor of the building was a huge shopping area, filled with merchandise and crafts.

2 Thank Mabel S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WOW!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This has got to be the biggest restaurant! And it's always packed!! Very good food and reasonably priced. It's impossible to try everything they have so be sure to pace yourself. YUM!

1 Thank FemmeSultan
Franklin Ohio
“lots of choices but nothing was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I don't usually care for buffets and this was no exception. There was a crazy lot of selection and in all fairness most people seemed pleased but my husband and I didn't think anything was exceptional. Even the desserts were ... not good.

2 Thank chattygirl7491