“Worth a trip”
Review of Sidney

Sidney
Reserve with OpenTable
Sidney is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in East Berlin
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Routes 234 and 194
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Worth a trip”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Visiting Gettysburg? Worth a trip to East Berlin to dine at Sidney's. You'll be transported as you taste seasonal, local produce with a real foodie flair. Stop at Mannings along the way if anyone in your car is a knitter or weaver!

• Visited August 2012

york
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

You can't beat the quality of the food and the warmth of the staff. Consistently great meals every time we dine here. I had the last meal of the night once and it was perfectly prepared as if the first of the evening. Also, you can reserve a table on-line without having to wait on hold - I love that.

Cortland, Ohio
“Big city eats in the country.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Took my 86 year old parents here, along with my sister and her husband. We tried everything we could fit in our bellies and walked away so very satisfied. For me, the true test is eating what you a less familiar with, judging the food by how it tastes, not what you think you think about it...no judgement...put it in your mouth and then see what happens. My folks are good sports and went along with every different (for them) food I ordered. The warm grilled octopus salad with konbu was one of the big winners of the day because everyone tried and loved it. The chicken liver pate plate was so tasty, with preserves, grain mustard, and pickles. A tie for first? And just forget about trying to ignore the home made potato crisps with stilton cheese, garlic aioli, and herbs. Just order them and fall in love. Ah, yes, we passed everything around and had pastrami reubens, a thai sandwich with pickled veggies, pasta special, cold corn soup with watermelon and crab (so good), a pulled pork with a vinegar tang instead of the incessantly sweet sauces of most places up in the hills of Pa. and Ohio. Also the quiche of the day made the rounds followed by many smiles. Ahh, the desserts. We shared Banana-Mocha Tiramisu WITH ALMOND TUILLE and KAHLUA ICE CREAM, and a special item, Pineapple Gazpacho with a Mint Granita and fresh berries. Bottom line we tried as much as we could, and loved the experience. Not every dish reached the pinacle but all of them were on the way. Oh, by the way. Good drinks (creative) and a small, nice wine menu.

Don't go if you don't like different and creative and a wild night for you is Prime Rib and a Baked Potato. Go if you love great food and want to be blown away by something unexpected.

1 Thank clark1632
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional gourmet food & wonderful atmosphere that is perfect for celebrating a special occaision & it's hidden on East Berlin”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

There are few if any restaurants that can compete with this level of service & food quality in Adams/Franklin county. This is a fine dining experience that I would expect from a more urban area, but there is a lot of sincere charm & less pretentiousness here at Sidney's. I don't know where the chef studied, but he or she is a culinary genious. I have loved every meal I have had here. It is all flavored with herbs, & paired beautifully with side dishes & salads. It is a little pricey, but worth every penny. I love Sidney's!

Westminster, Maryland
“Great drive to a great little restaurant”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This would have been a perfect experience with one exception. That later. The restaurant is in quiet East Berlin just north of Hanover. We drove up from west of Baltimore and enjoyed the lovely evening drive. The restaurant is in a non-descript building in town with ample parking. Be prepared for a treat upon entering. The chef is not of East Berlin ilk. Excellent prep and presentation. Attentive waitstaff. All of the little things that you would expect at a better restaurant in D.C. I should have looked up the name of the chef before writing this just so I could say his name, but no matter, your tongue will be all you need to get you back! What a find! The only downside was really my fault. The tip was already added in when the bill came. I'm not used to that. It was clearly marked but I missed it so wound up double tipping. We were with folks we didn't know well, so when the waitress pointed it out to me (after I had done the math) I didn't want to go back and sort it out. And I got the tab for all six of us. Wish she would have pointed that out upon delivery of the check. Bummer but we'll be back!