“Lunch special - wonderful deal & just plain wonderful”
Review of Mango Tree Bistro

Mango Tree Bistro
Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Eagleville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We are in love with this little Thai restaurant! Went for lunch yesterday (Saturday) and had we both had the lunch specials. Started with the generous and perfectly prepared Jasmine soup. We then had ordered their coconut calamari to share - yum. My main dish was the masamann curry(spelling?) which was perfect. Potatoes, vegetables, and spices served with a side of white rice. My husband had Pad Thai with chicken. As usual he reported it was delicious. I ordered mango sticky rice and he had coconut ice cream for desert. We love going at lunch time. It is so quiet and charming - I highly recommend it. If you go for dinner, remember this is a BYOB. They are happy to help with the cork and glasses. Nice to bring your favorite wine. Prices are very reasonable. The place is sort of easy to drive past. It is located on the corner of Oaklyn and Ridge Pike.

There are newer reviews for Mango Tree Bistro

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a Thursday. Very nice decor inside, plus outdoor seating (although it is on busy Ridge Pike). We got two of the 3-course lunch specials. Soups were very good, salad were OK (tomato was not quite ripe), entrees were excellent; my mother had the pineapple rice, I had vegetarian Pad Thai.

I often see coupons in the local Clipper magazine, so look for those, although they are not accepted for the 3-course lunch (which is very moderately priced).

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is really cozy and has a great feel with outside seating option. byob works pretty well and the food is great and I had no disappointment but I had better thai food. The service is great and for the price it is definitely worth trying this place.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love Thai so decided to take a chance on a DoubleTake coupon. It is a nice little BYO that also offers al fresco dining (albeit with busy Ridge Pike as a backdrop). Inside seating is limited so reservations, if they take them, would be suggested. Additional note - they are closed Tuesdays. It was pretty empty when we arrived at 6:45 on a Wednesday evening. We were seated promptly but shortly thereafter it was packed and folks were waiting. I had the Tum Yum soup (offered with shrimp or chicken) and Mango Curry (basically a Thai red curry with mango) which had both shrimp and chicken. My wife had the Pad Thai with chicken (also offered with shrimp or beef). Everything was delicious. The Tum Yum soup and Mango Curry were nicely spiced and flavorful. The Pad Thai was a bit different than typical with slightly more sweetness to it that was cut nicely by the lime. Service wasn't great, but it was efficient and, as noted here and by others, the venue is small. The food, however, will bring me back again.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We attended a pre-wedding dinner here and it was just amazing. The restaurant closed down, just for us. The staff was so attentive and helpful, and the food. It was delicious. This is a must try!!