“Average Taste and Service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dosa Hut and Chat House
Ranked #15 of 21 Restaurants in Eagleville
Cuisines: Indian
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Average Taste and Service”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was craving for dosa for quite some time and decided to visit this place along with my wife and daughter. I also convinced my friend and his family to join us. We were skeptical because of the average reviews we read about this restaurant.

The first impression was good. However, they could arrange only for one high chair, when we needed two. I guess there were quite a few kids this evening.

Nonetheless, we ordered pani puri, Idly Vada combo, mango lassi, masala dosa and tomato uttapam.

As in most of the Indian restaurants, light background bollywood music was keeping everyone entertained.

The climate control was not so good, most of us were feeling cold. However, on request, they did improve the control.

Everything tasted good and mango lassi was the winner of the evening. Everyone enjoyed it the most.
In south Indian delicacies, the taste of sambar make all the difference. In this case, this is an area where they can improve a lot.

The vada was crispy as expected and masala dosa also tasted good.

The service was also good as we did not have to wait for long. The food served was fresh and warm.

I shall visit it again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mehul_Desai

Chicago, Illinois
“Interesting authentic dishes but lacking quality, atmosphere, and service”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Food wise, they definitely have an interesting menu with a number of authentic Southern Indian dishes and dishes that many other Indian restaurants do not offer including indo-chinese options. True to its name, there are dosas and also pani puri which is a personal favorite dish of mine.

The pros stop there....the food quality overall was lacking. Whether it was the pani puri, curries, or dosas we got, the food was either okay or just plain bad. The atmosphere of the place is also lacking, no where near as nice or clean or other Indian restaurants I've been to. But perhaps the biggest issue is the service...the utter lack of care or appreciation for the customer. The manager simply did not care about the issue I escalated to him.

I've visited Spice Kitchen just down the road many times for dinner both with friends and on my own and never disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
“2-Stars for Food, Atmosphere, Service and Perceived Cleanliness”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Service spotty
Don't expect ambiance just decent Indian food no frills
Veg korma
They can't make anything without heat
Yogurt delicious
Rice good consistency
Everything fresh and piping hot
Unexpected oaneer in veg Best paneer fresh and juicy not dry like most
I could see the staff preparing food. didn't get the feeling they were too hip on cleanliness
Chai good - but styrofoam cup
Oh well, told you it was no frills
Dosas look great wish I'd had one
Next time!
Saw my waiter from Amans
He was very distracted - from serving me well anyway.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gourmasseur
Howell, New Jersey
“Good place”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Have good experiences at this place. Their samosas are delicious and chicken lollypops lip smacking. Decent place to eat in. Take out servings are sizable. Overall a great place for quality food at a decent price. their lunch thalis are average with nothing notable to say.

• Visited May 2013
“Decent food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am not a very frequent visitor this place but have been here once or twice. It is a small place but serves good food. I am really particular on the Dum Biryani and pleasantly surprised on their quality.

Service is something they must improve significantly. Otherwise, I strongly recommend to try this place at lease once.

• Visited June 2013