“2-Stars for Food, Atmosphere, Service and Perceived Cleanliness”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dosa Hut and Chat House
Ranked #16 of 22 Restaurants in Eagleville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Service spotty
Don't expect ambiance just decent Indian food no frills
Veg korma
They can't make anything without heat
Yogurt delicious
Rice good consistency
Everything fresh and piping hot
Unexpected oaneer in veg Best paneer fresh and juicy not dry like most
I could see the staff preparing food. didn't get the feeling they were too hip on cleanliness
Chai good - but styrofoam cup
Oh well, told you it was no frills
Dosas look great wish I'd had one
Next time!
Saw my waiter from Amans
He was very distracted - from serving me well anyway.

1  Thank Gourmasseur

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Have good experiences at this place. Their samosas are delicious and chicken lollypops lip smacking. Decent place to eat in. Take out servings are sizable. Overall a great place for quality food at a decent price. their lunch thalis are average with nothing notable to say.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am not a very frequent visitor this place but have been here once or twice. It is a small place but serves good food. I am really particular on the Dum Biryani and pleasantly surprised on their quality.

Service is something they must improve significantly. Otherwise, I strongly recommend to try this place at lease once.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Visited this place last week when I got a groupon deal - and we were pleasantly surprised with the tasty food. After reading mixed reviews on Yelp, I did go in low expectations. Also, the place is quite a bit far from where I live for a restaurant visit - this made me hungry by the time I reached there. Both of the above factors did help a bit with my satisfaction :)

What I liked: Exciting Menu - contained some pure local specialties like Kothu Paratha etc...
The prices seemed to be on the higher side for such a joint...however they made up for it with taste and large portions.

What I didn't like: Decor, ambiance were not up to the mark. There was no table cloth and they use plastic glasses. Given the prices they charge, I would expect more attention to these areas.

Bottom line: I would recommend this place for the menu selection and taste. I am definitely going to go back there but will be vary of the negatives. If you plan for a take out then there is nothing negative I can think of.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I like this restaurant, they offer very generous amounts of food and one plate of dosa will be enough to fill an empty stomach. What more to ask for? Been there twice in a week already and not complaining. It's a nice little treat for Indian snacks lovers.