“A pleasant discovery”

Crestmont Inn & Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We offer 3 unique dining settings and an extensive menu of Contemporary American cuisine. The food is fine dining and the atmosphere casual & fun! Our chef & his team prepare everything fresh and source it all from our local farmers! We do more than give you a meal, at the Crestmont we put on a show with our food & guarantee you an impeccable dining experience!
“A pleasant discovery”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We decided to "get away" and had always wanted to go to Eagles Mere. I went online and did my due diligence and chose to stay at the Crestmont Inn. We made dinner reservations for Saturday and discovered they were offering a seven course wine dinner on Friday, so, we jumped in.

It was really worth it - they featured PA wines (I know, no such thing!). While I was skeptical, the chef did a marvelous job of making normally pedestrian wines enjoyable through creative pairings. And, OMG, the ice wine with the MARVELOUS Apple Dumpling for dessert simply made the evening.

Saturday's visit to the dining room was much lower key but it was, nonetheless, very enjoyable. I had the pulled pork BBQ (huge chunks of perfectly cooked pork) with sweet potato fries and my wife had Manhattan Clam Chowder (raved about it the night before) and a creative BLT salad.

Recommend? Absolutely. Owner is on premises and ensures minimal slips.

• Visited August 2013

“Outstanding dinner by the outside fireplace!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ate here on our last night, choosing not to eat at the Eagles Mere Inn. Our family had the most wonderful meal outside by the fireplace. The waitress could not have been better and catered to our every need - anticipating many. The food was wonderful as well. One would think that with such little competition, they might not work so hard to please you ... this restaurant is wonderful and you will enjoy your experience!

Visited August 2013
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Outstanding food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had dinner on the patio. If the weather permits, I would highly recommend this venue. The waiter built a fire in the outdoor fireplace and it was heavenly. The Thai eggrolls were OK. I had the BLT salad which was exquisite. The Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked - the vegetables were delicious. My husband had the lamb and said it was delicious. We ended the meal with THE BEST dessert I have ever eaten -- the chocolate cake/cheesecake. Wow. Unbelievable. The only criticism is that our waiter was an inexperienced college student. He made some mistakes by engaging us in too much conversation while our entrees were served. He cursed once (apologized immediately). At the end of the night, I was thanking HIM and he was saying "you're welcome". He also made some snide remarks about other customers -- that sort of thing rubs me wrong. BUT...as stated, I think he was just inexperienced. If the service had been better, it would get five stars. Breakfast the next morning was incredible. I had the banana french toast. Too sweet for my preference but I still really enjoyed it. My husband had the omelet. Both were very large portions and absolutely delicious. The waitress was very attentive and quick with the coffee - which we appreciated. Excellent restaurant!

• Visited August 2013
halifax
“Dinner at the Crestmont”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The wild mushroom pizza appetizer was the best. But everything was great. The dessert special was quite unique but an excellent combination of tastes, lavender ice cream over orange cake with honey and milk.

Visited July 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
“A Big, Big Improvement”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The new owners of the Crestmont have moved the food and service to a whole new level. I would rank it with some of the best restaurants, anywhere.

• Visited June 2013