“Beautiful area”

Ranked #2 of 2 Eagles Mere B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Beautiful area”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Our stay at the Crestmont Inn was good. The food was fabulous, area breathtaking. We loved the smell of the fresh clean air of the area, Very clean and well kept. The hotel needs a little updating. While the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom great with the heat lamp and the clawfoot tub with the rain shower, we were disappointed with a few things. The whirlpool tub drain was leaking . We more or less dealt with it when I wish we would have told them They were very nice and wanted to accommodate us in every way. We just didn't want to complain. All the guests and townspeople were very friendly. We stayed in snuggler's cove.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Kiss the chef! The food here was amazing! My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and tried many things from the menu. Aside from one past dish that had a bit too much sauce for my taste, the food was worth every penny. The filet tenderloins were perfection and the berry dessert was plate-licking good! My husband read many reviews that discussed the chocolate chip cookies and was really disappointed that none were available the whole time we were there. Trust me, he kept looking! The dining area seems understaffed. The rooms could be a bit more updated but I like that they're trying to keep the old-timey feel. We stayed here with a groupon deal and we were happy with the value included. However, if we had paid full price for the room I would've felt that we overpaid due to the condition. We stayed in the French Country Cottage Suite. The bed was so comfortable, I actually missed it when I got home to my own bed. The whirlpool tub was just the right size for both of us to relax with a glass of wine and some bubbles. The surrounding area is beautiful and there are nice overlooks at World's End State Park which is just a few miles away.

1 Thank wldchic869
Fayetteville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We used a Groupon certificate for our one night stay at the Crestmont Inn. This was a stop over on our return home from Windham, NY (Catskills) and we wish we had booked for more nights. Tony, the owner, his wife, and staff did everything they could to make us feel welcome. Tony escorted us to our room, shared some of the history of the Crestmont Inn, and attempted to answer my husband's questions about the country club's fracking decision. He had read about it a history of the country club that was in our room. There was also a 1944 history of Eagles Mere in the room that had me laughing.

October is not the time to visit Eagles Mere if you are looking to shop. The few stores there are in the town were closed for the season and will reopen in the spring. That said, Eagles Mere is a wonderful little Victorian town on the top of a mountain. The trail around the lake is about 2 miles and goes by beautiful old "cottages". I call them homes becaues they are so large. There are numerous hiking trails in the area and the views are incredible. The town and surrounding area reminded me of parts of Colorado in the fall.

Our room was large enough to be a suite (it wasn't), comfortable and included a sitting area and small refrigerator. As other reviews said, there is a snack bar room and a living room in the lower level fo the guests' use.

Dinner was excellent. Our waiter, Wade, was attentive and made good recommendations regarding our dinner choices. My husband had the wild mushroom and sausage paperdelle and I had the pumpkin stuffed ravoli (delicious). For appetizers I orderd the pear salad (I could have eaten two and would have liked the recipe for the vinegarette. My husband had the Italian sausage and bean soup which he enjoyed. For dessert, I ordered the pear mascarpone tart which was good but a little to sweet for my tastes. My husband ordered the three berry tart and fortunately he shared part of it with me. What a great dessert. Breakfast is included in the rates and there were several selections. I ordered the sweet potato pancakes with bacon at the recomendation of another guest. It was a huge serving (5 pancakes) and I managed to eat it all. My husband had eggs and sausage with toast and his eggs were prepared prefectly. Definitely plan on returning.

Penney Farms, Florida
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The staff and owners at the Crestmont Inn are among the best. Everyone was pleasant and met any requests with positive feedback. Nothing has been missed: there is a "snack room" with complimentary sodas, bottled water, coffee and tea 24/7 and there was a tray of slices of carrot cake to welcome us and chocolate chip cookies the next morning -- and not the kind you buy at the supermarket, either! Home baked and delicious. There's what they call the "grown-ups playroom" downstairs with everything from a pool table to a treadmill to books, pingpong and TV. We felt as if the whole building "belonged to us" during our stay. The setting is lovely: two deer came to visit while we were eating dinner and we had an amazing view from our dining room window. Don't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Diamond Ring Suite on the second floor. Lots of room.
Enola
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just came home from Crestmont. We had a very enjoyable stay. The room was nice and clean. Dinner in their restaurant was very good. We had an excellent breakfast this morning. Tony the owner and his wife are very nice and friendly. Susan who was our waitress this morning was wonderful. We already booked for our anniversary for next year.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HUMMELSTOWN
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We came in on Saturday and although it was raining we had a nice cocktail on the porch watching the rain. The dinner was so good. The filet was one of the best I've ever had. We had the pumpkin ravioli for an appetizer and it was perfect. The banana creme brulee was so good. Great beer selection. The rooms were spotless and a nice size. We want to go back soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BILL T
Lancaster PA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spent two nights at the Crestmont Inn and know that we will be back. Eagles Mere is just lovely and the proximity to Worlds End and Ricketts Glen State Parks make is a perfect location for those who like the outdoors. We were able to enjoy the area and our stay at the Crestmont was terrific. We stayed in "The Woods" room, which is located at the very end of the hall. Our room was small, yet comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was oversized with plenty of hot water, which was most enjoyable after a full day of hiking.

One of the best parts of our stay was the food. Breakfast was amazing! So many delicious choices! Among our favorites were the wild mushroom omelet, prepared with truffle oil...yummy! The sweet potato pancakes with walnut honey...delish and the special blueberry pancakes, thin and so tasty! We also had dinner both nights and it did not disappoint. The first night my husband had the filet mignon and I had the roast chicken. Both dishes were outstanding. The second night, I had the pulled pork, which was smoky and tender and my husband had the special butternut squash ravioli..oh my!

Tony and Melissa do a great job of welcoming guests and Susan also does a great job serving guests needs. Do not hesitate to stay here and a make sure you take advantage of the dining experience. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: The Woods is located at the end of the hall on the second floor. Small, but has a nice view and ver...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Williamsport Faxon
Best Western Williamsport Inn
Best Western Williamsport Inn
#6 of 14 in Williamsport

Been to Crestmont Inn? Share your experiences!