“Lovely atmosphere & Amazing meals!”
Review of Crestmont Inn

Crestmont Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Eagles Mere B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a lovely, quaint suite with comfortable furniture. The room was spotless! The food was outstanding! I have traveled quite a bit and had meals in some of the finest restaurants on the east coast. The meals my husband and I had were among the best I've ever tasted. The food alone is worth a visit to this inn. Everyone we met who works here was very friendly and accommodating. Two things to work on, our mattress was quite old, we couldn't have slept on it more than one night, we both rolled toward the middle ;). And, due to the parking area being downhill from the front door, they really need to have some type of treatment down for the ice. I did fall going to my car the day we left for home.
We will visit this inn again.

Room Tip: Strawberry Fields suite encompasses the entire front of the second floor. Plenty of room and lovely...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Crestmont Inn

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean and neat. Nostalgic atmosphere. Liked the coffee room with extras - cookies, fruit and meal bars. Nice game room with everything that works! Dinner and breakfast were delicious. Whirlpool didn't jet as much as we thought it would. Would have liked a bigger TV

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We drove to the Crestmont Inn in a snowstorm and needed to detour because of a road closure. The extra time was worth it! Tony is a gem of an innkeeper and was so accommodating. Our room was upgraded on our arrival. The kingsize bed in the Dickenson Suite was marvelous. The entire Inn had a quaint, charming feel. We enjoyed dinner at the restaurant and it was superb. We snowshoed both days and the lake was so close and we were able to do the trail around the lake. There are also lots of trails right out the door of the Inn. We did not need to move our car for the entire two night stay. Definitely would love to go to the Cresmont Inn again!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are being renovated. Check the website for photos and description of the rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Although we have not had the opportunity to stay at the Crestmont since the new owners took over I really want to say something about the "musty" comments. All of Eagles Mere is like stepping back in time and that is the charm and loveliness of this quaint town. It is a mecca of victorian cottages and homes owned by generations of the same families. If you like the idea of curling up in big comfy chairs, sleeping in amazingly comfortable antique beds, watching wildlife from the windows, warming up next to roaring fires, both inside and out, long walks along lakes lined with pines and rhododendron covered paths and an old fashioned marvelous bookstore, you will love Eaglesmere and the Crestmont and the word musty will translate to a lovely quiet and truly special retreat. I like to tell my friends it's like finding the real life magical Brigadoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank janlud
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We only were at the inn for one night and it was raining and cold so we didn't get to walk around the town and around Eagles Mere much. The Captain Chase suite was very nice and comfortable. I read the other comments about it being like staying at your grandmothers and I can see that but really is that such a bad thing wasn't your grandmother's comfortable and didn't you feel at ease there. The food was very good and moderately priced. Unfortunately everything my husband ordered the kitchen was out of. But there was the cowboy steak as well on the menu that was a good substitute for the special that was sold out. The food was a little long in coming thankfully there is a little alcove with a tv and a couch where the kids were able to sit and watch cartoons to keep occupied. I didn't notice any mustiness referred to in the other reviews.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Traveled to Eagles Mere in August looking for a quiet town near some great hiking trails. My husband and I stayed in one of the smaller, less expensive rooms. It was very clean and comfortable enough. As another reviewer said, the inn is rather musty and reminded me of my grandmother's home in decor and smell. The inn is set back a bit from the town but is a relatively easy walk into town or over to the Lake.
Although the accommodations are unremarkable, the breakfasts (free with room) and dinners (ranging from less expensive sandwiches to reasonably priced entrees) were truly wonderful. My husband said that his bacon & wild mushroom omelette with truffle oil was the best omelette he had ever had. We both loved the sweet potato pancakes and the bannana bread french toast. Guests order from a menu so you can always get exactly what you want. We had sausage patties, fresh fruit and juice along with our main items.
We had dinner there only one night and wish we had done so on the other nights. I had the seared duck breast and my husband had the strip steak with chipotle glaze. Both items were perfectly cooked, flavorful and paired with delectable sides. Dessert was a special item that night- some type of banana custard served inside - I think. Whereas the food was top-notch, our server's lack of experience lowered the quality of our experience. She was sweet but entirely too casual and lacking in food knowledge- I suppose it is difficult to get great servers in a tiny town like this.
All in all, a nice stay. Probably not nice enough for us to return (Eagles Mere doesn't have much going on) but nice enough to recommend to others and to provide us with fond memories.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We just returned from a short trip up to EM. My husband's family has been going for over 80 yrs so its a familiar place. We had one of the family suites and loved it. The playroom was great for the kids to spread out a bit and the staff were all really nice. The new owners Tony & Melissa are friendly and made the stay very nice! Breakfast was included and it was very good, really loved the coffee!
We'll definitely be back as EM is quite a gem and the Crestmont was a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Eagles Mere Inn
Eagles Mere Inn
#1 of 2 in Eagles Mere
The Old Tioga Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Crestmont Inn? Share your experiences!