“Beautiful Setting”

Ranked #2 of 2 Eagles Mere B&B and Inns
Winchester, Virginia
“Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Crestmont. This was the third or fourth time that I have stayed there so you know that my impression has been good. The Inn itself is located on a hill top within an easy walk of a beautiful lake. Well maintained and marked trails can be accessed from the property. When I was there, the fall foliage was at it's peak, although a little sunshine would have helped. The historic and well-preserved resort town of Eagles Mere is also within an easy walk of the inn. For nature lovers, there are a number of trails, vistas, and waterfalls as well as some covered bridges within a short drive although due to the recent flooding in the valley areas, many were not accessible.

The innkeepers are very accommodating and helpful. Rooms are well-appointed and comfortable and each has a different decor. The country breakfasts are excellent (try the pancakes) as well as the dinners. Definitely a trip that I will be making again.

The one problem that is encountered in the off season is that the Crestmont does not serve lunch and only serves dinners on weekends. Restaurants are few and far between in that part of PA and they may or may not be open.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Oakland, New Jersey
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I just returned from our daughter's wedding weekend at the Crestmont Inn. The Inn provided a special setting for the occasion that our family will long cherish. Each room is unique, charming, and very clean. The food is outstanding and the chef eagerly accommodated the dietary needs of members of our group. Elna and Fred are wonderful hosts. They are attentive to all the little details and made the wedding planning very easy. We cannot say enough about the staff. Everyone of them was pleasant and every request was met with a smile. This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Crestmont Inn and we are looking forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: All of our guests were pleased with their rooms. Since each room is different in size and furnishing...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and I just got back from having our wedding at the Cresmont Inn, and we can't say enough about how amazing of an experience it was. The food, the service, the rooms and the area it was in were all incredible. Fred and Elna did everything imaginable to make it perfect for us, and definitely did so. We plan on coming back whenever we can, not just to remember the great time we had for our wedding weekend, but because we know we will always have a great and memorable time there.

Room Tip: We stayed in the French Country Cottage, but stopped in most of the rooms that our families had for...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stew M
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We just had our wedding in Eagles Mere this weekend and we and our wedding party stayed at the Crestmont Inn. Fred and Elna were awesome and there was no request they wouldn't accommodate. We relaxed outside by the fire after the wedding with friends and had a great time! The staff was very friendly and the rooms were beautiful and much more quiet than expected. It was an amazing weekend! Thanks to everyone at the Crestmont Inn!

Room Tip: The Dickerson suite has a large whirlpool tub, AC, a "fireplace" for ambiance and a massiv...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I, am surprised about some of the "down" comments. I find the Crestmont a spectacular, comfortable current, friendly relaxing special place!

I have been there twice during the spring and in the heart of winter. The setting is delightful, the owners and staff are a treasure, the area is a trip back to a wonderfully simple time and at the same time I can always get my wifi fix with a good strong signal.

The cookies at night are great and the stocked refrig is a nice homey touch!

Great areas to walk throughout the year and the town is fun and relaxing with nice places to shop and wander.....

Do not miss this area and this special spot to stay!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are quiet and accessible. I have stayed on both floors and they are all quiet...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My husband and I visited Crestmont Inn for a weekend gettaway. Overall we had a wonderful weekend, as we always do, because we always have fun together.

First, let me state that Elna and Fred were lovely. They were very friendly, and made us feel welcome and comfortable. They were very accomodating, and fun to talk to. They did a nice job of keeping the fridge stocked with beverages, and the cookie jar was always full with homemade chocolate chip cookies. (I looked forward to coming back to a cookie every night) The rest of the staff was friendly, and the breakfasts were good and plentiful.

The room, however, was not as lovely. The suite was quite dated. Athough the room was clean, it was musty and not well decorated. The king bed, which looked luxurious, was not at all comfortable. I think the bed might be as old as the inn. From the room, you could hear any activity that was going on in the hallway. The fireplace that was advertised on the website, turned out to be a non-working fireplace... just for decoration. There was a hot tub in the room, but we didn't feel comfortable using it, given how musty the room already was.

The purpose of our trip was to do some hiking at Rickets Glenn, but it unexpectedly snowed and rained that weekend. We were not comfortable spending all our time in the room, so we decided to go to a winery. We ended up at Birdsong Winery, and had an amazing time. John, the owner of the vineyard, was SO welcoming and friendly. His vineyard was a little piece of heaven in the country. If you are in Eagles Mere, I would definitely recommend a trip to the Birdsong Winery.

The town of Eagles Mere is tiny, but charming. Although, overall we enjoyed our stay, we probably would not return to the inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Trance4Life
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2011

There is nothing I can say negitive about our 3 day stay at the Crestmont Inn. The staff was very helpful and pleasent. The rooms were clean and decorated with individual charm. The food was great and there was plenty to do to keep busy. The area is just beautiful and one of my favorite things we did was take a hike around the 2.5 mile lake. The Bed and Breakfast is perfect for a couple or famliy vacation. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#8 of 14 in Williamsport
Eagles Mere Inn
Eagles Mere Inn
#1 of 2 in Eagles Mere

Been to Crestmont Inn? Share your experiences!