“Excellent Pub/Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loading Dock Bar & Grill

Loading Dock Bar & Grill
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Dunmore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent Pub/Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I absolutely love this restaurant. The food is excellent from the burgers, wraps, chicken, to the salads and wings. The portions are huge and you usually leave with a leftover container. The owner, Anthony takes pride in his establishment and it is exceptionally clean and a place you can take your whole family to from grandparents to children. Jaime and the other staff members are excellent taking your order to memory no pad and pen. Wonderful place for lunch or dinner and I feel the meals are priced correctly for the amount of food you get.

Pennsylvania
“The BEST restaurant in Lackawanna County!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place is truly the BEST! The food is excellent every time! The owner and the entire wait staff are friendly, professional and cater to each and every customer! The new menu items are great!

If you visit during peak times, expect a wait for a table, but the wait will be well worth it!

Thank you Anthony, Matt, Jamie and Kelly! Welcome Jackie and Keri! AMAZING staff!

• Visited October 2013
Scranton, PA
“Didn't live up to the hype”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Wife and I went there on a Friday night and the place was packed. They got us to a table pretty quickly. I ordered a Caesar salad topped with Buffalo shrimp and my wife ordered some sort of stir fry (not sure why). When our food got to the table, the salad they brought me was a chef's salad. I called the waitress back and pointed it out to her and she took it back to the kitchen. Meanwhile, the owner came over to our table and asked what was wrong and apologized and when I asked him to just take the salad off the check, he insisted that they remake the salad. When the waitress brought out the second salad, the shrimp still had to Buffalo sauce on them. At this point I just figured that I would just call it a day.

I forgot to mention the wings. They were cooked well (nice and crispy). We got 10 with "special" sauce and 10 with garlic hot sauce. The special wings were like candied. They had this weird, super sweet sauce that when served, they had like a candy coating on them. The garlic hot wings weren't bad, just not particularly my thing (I ordered them based on others Yelp reviews).

As far as the rest goes...the portions were HUGE, but the food wasn't very good, so you just get a lot of crappy food. The Caesar salad dressing was very oily and the stir fry was pretty crummy too (the shrimp in it were huge though). We also ordered a cheesesteak to go that was fairly burnt as well. I feel fairly confident that we will not be returning.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ron S
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Suprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

For a sports bar located literally on the old loading dock space of a furniture store this place was suprisingly good. It was very busy on a Thursday evening but the owner bought us a drink while we waited for a table. The menu was nothing fancy, but the food was well-prepared and portions were extremely generous. I really enjoyed my pasta primavara with chicken and my partner had the huge house special salad with shrimp that were perfectly cooked. They have a reasonable draft beer list with some interesting choices. Once seated, service was prompt and professional. I would certainly go back if I found myself in Dunmore again.

• Visited August 2013
Louisa, Virginia
“Such a Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

In an otherwise desolate, interstate hotel wasteland this was a wonderful find. We stayed at the Sleep Inn, which is actually a super quick walk away, and ate dinner here. Great, HUGE salads and delicious pierogies. Reasonable prices. Please note that it is a sports bar and that we had a longish wait. However, it was a Saturday night and the Steelers were playing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Loading Dock Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!