“Fabulously Clean and Friendly Hotel”

Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Reviewed January 3, 2010

This is the second time I've stayed at the Sleep Inn Dunmore and have been very impressed both times. The front desk staff are all very friendly and appear to be genuinely concerned about their guests. The hotel is immaculately clean including the rooms, bathrooms and swimming pool area. The hotel beds are firm and comfortable and bathrooms quite spacious.

The complimentary continental breakfast includes breads for toasting, pastries, cold cereals, instant oatmeal, fresh waffles, yogurts, fruit, hard boiled eggs and juices...more than enough for the average person. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available all day long. I was especially pleased to find out they have a new ski and stay package offering lodging and discounted lift tickets for Sno Mountain which also includes a 20% food discount at the mountain. This deal is so new that it's not listed on their website yet so be sure to ask for it.

I visit family in Scranton about twice a year used to stay at one of the downtown hotels but now use the the Sleep Inn. I find them conveniently located right off the highway exit and with their high standards but reasonable rates why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: January 2010
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore

Reviewed October 22, 2009

Very nice place to stay. Clean rooms with good continental breakfast, Friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2009

My family and I stayed here to go to Steamtown. It was one of the best hotel stays ever. The place has very friendly and helpful staff. Our room was very updated, spacious and clean. Beds were very, very comfortable. I slept like a baby! Bathrooms are beautiful. We used the indoor pool and hot tub too. It was wonderful! My family and I had a great stay! We would stay again. The cost was not bad either. Good deal.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2009

The room smelled of strong chemicals upon arrival. At checkout they billed my card the wrong amount. I brought this to their attention. The girl working at the front desk did not know how to fix it. She went into the back to ask someone. A woman came out who was suppose to be the general manager. She didn't know how to fix this. She said I'd have to wait until someone else came in! That is unexceptable. They need better training of their staff.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We were in town to visit family living near the area. Our relitives suggested this hotel. and it did have good reviews at the time. When we first arrived the front desk was very disorganized. It was after 3:00pm and they had to send someone to see if they had a clean room. Once we arrived at the room the smell of chemicals was overwhelming. We had asked for a non-smoking room but were clearly put in a room that someone smoked in. The odor was unbearable, and gave us a headach all night. I would probably not recommend this to anyone who is a non smoker or who has asthma. Great place if you do smoke!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We had to open the window and leave the air conditioner on while we went to dinner to get some of the smell out of this room. We also had no fridge or microwave in our room. There was a young girl attendant in the breakfast area but she wan't helping anyone. All the waffles were sticking but she was ignoring the problem and never stepped over to help. In most of the Choice Hotel properties, the breakfast room staff is very helpful. Not here.
The smell alone would keep me away from ever staying here again. I still felt congested when I got home the next day.
There are some good restaurants and shopping a few exits north of here but be aware that there is a lot of road construction.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank almondcookies
Reviewed April 1, 2009

After the initial concern due to prior reviews and location upon arriving. I was thrilled not to have judged this hotel by it location. I spend 50 or more nights out a year and can honestly say what a great place this is. Bed was perfect, the room was perfect. The staff while you all were responsive to questions that I had. Internet worked great. Microwave and fridge in the room is always a plus. Thank you to the staff and management of this Sleep inn it is definitely my place to stay when in Scranton area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
Comfort Suites
#4 of 10 in Scranton
Hampton Inn Scranton at Montage Mountain
Four Points by Sheraton Scranton

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!