Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Excellent 5/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsloading dockfront deskchoice hotelspool and hot tubyogurtfridge and microwaveking suiteroom was spotlesscheck in was easygreat ratenice poolwould stay here againcontinental breakfastcookieshighwayhousekeeperpets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We had to open the window and leave the air conditioner on while we went to dinner to get some of the smell out of this room. We also had no fridge or microwave in our room. There was a young girl attendant in the breakfast area but she wan't helping anyone. All the waffles were sticking but she was ignoring the problem and never stepped over to help. In most of the Choice Hotel properties, the breakfast room staff is very helpful. Not here.
The smell alone would keep me away from ever staying here again. I still felt congested when I got home the next day.
There are some good restaurants and shopping a few exits north of here but be aware that there is a lot of road construction.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank almondcookies
Reviewed April 1, 2009

After the initial concern due to prior reviews and location upon arriving. I was thrilled not to have judged this hotel by it location. I spend 50 or more nights out a year and can honestly say what a great place this is. Bed was perfect, the room was perfect. The staff while you all were responsive to questions that I had. Internet worked great. Microwave and fridge in the room is always a plus. Thank you to the staff and management of this Sleep inn it is definitely my place to stay when in Scranton area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2009

The beds were more comfortable than my own--soft yet firm! The room had the basics, and the breakfast was just fine! The halls smelled fragrant--I couldn't believe this was basically a motel (just off the Interstate--nothing fancy). It looked new too.
Only problem--when we arrived in the room just after 5am (after driving through a snowstorm for over 9 hours from Toronto), the heating in the room was off! I mentioned it as we signed out and the reservation desk attendant was surprised to hear that. It was about 50 degrees in the room and took a little while to heat up.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ThePianoManII
Reviewed November 17, 2008

I needed a dog-friendly hotel as I was in town for an AKC tracking test, and was disappointed wnen I saw the Sleep Inn is listed as only allowing one pet, as I was traveling with two, and this hotel was by far the best reviewed pet friendly hotel in the area. When I called and explained my dogs are thoroughly trained show dogs who are accustomed to staying in hotels, they said it was fine to bring them both. Since the hotel had a pool, I brought my husband and 10 YO son too. Well, we all had a blast, a really lovely, relaxing stay. The hotel was spotless, the breakfast buffet very nice, the pool lovely (although a bit nippy!) and the rules regarding the dogs were very clearly laid out as to where they should be walked, etc. The property is just off the highway, tucked in behind a little strip mall, but the parking lot was well-lit and felt safe despite being a little isolated. Nice to be able to check my email at the computer in the lobby. I would definitely recommend the Sleep Inn to any traveler, particularly families or pet owners.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Dee040
Reviewed July 17, 2008

We have used this hotel for about a year and each time we go there the service and the rooms keep going downward.

The staff is not helpful at all, and I found a pizza charged to my room which the hotel staff was eating. They corrected this only after my catching it.

The cleaning odor in this hotel takes your breath away.

Travelers Beware!