“Clean, peaceful, budget-friendly hotel”

Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dunmore
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband, 3 year-old son and I stayed here on 11/2/2013. We had absolutely no trouble finding the place and weren't bothered by the industrial-type location at all. The hotel's proximity to Rout 81 was absolutely perfect for us! We found the hotel to be very clean, smelled great and the front desk staff was very friendly. We had a peaceful night's sleep and enjoyed the free hot breakfast before getting back on the road in the morning. We would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Sleep Inn S, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and all of our amenities that we offer here.

Your feedback is very important to us and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Sincerly,

Maria Diakatos

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We picked this hotel after about an hour looking for a nice hotel in the dunmore,pa area as we were in town visiting my son .. The hotel is very clean.. Check in was easy and accomidating.. Our room was clean as was the bedding and bathroom ... Side note.. The shower floor was in need of a real good scrub on hands and knees.. The breakfast area was very nice ..the coffee was excellent and the woman taking care of it was very friendly..seems the employees congregated in there at several different times of the day and evening .. Just doesn't look very nice as they sit at all the tables talking about their personal business .. Other than the shower floor it was a great weekend.. I will definitely stay here again..everyone we came in contact with very so very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank hanna530
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I agree, this hotel is in a pretty odd location. However, having read other reviews we were fully prepared to pay attention to directions, etc. We even called. We drove from 81N right to the front door with no problems at all. I was, I will admit, wondering what all the hoopla was and good reviews. The hotel if I did not depend on Trip Advisor is NOT in a location I would ever, ever pick. It is industrial. Really industrial. The parking lots coming into the INN are.....well industrial. Waste Management dumpsters are overflowing in plain site. A trucking company next door. Please believe Trip Advisor and the reviews. The Sleep Inn is AWESOME. Once inside, the "not so nice" surrounding environment falls away. The front desk young lady who checked us in was so friendly. The young man that followed her on her shift was just as nice and welcoming. Our room was 103. We needed pet friendly. We travel a lot and we know what meets our needs and what is only fair. I have left hotels with my own personal "fair" rating without a refund as I just would not stay. This room was very very nice. A huge King Suite, the décor was very tasteful and modern. The beds, the bedding and pillows fluffy and dreamy nice.
The room was pristine as far as cleanliness. Yes, I look that close. The shower stall in the bathroom is very unique. A modern curved design that eliminates the need for a shower curtain. Super nice design. The lighting was very nice, the bathroom large and well appointed. We did not avail ourselves of the breakfast but it is a hot breakfast and the breakfast room looked very nice. We were attending a wedding and the young man at the desk gave me a couple of choices for transportation to the Cultural Center. I called both the hotel shuttle service and the local taxi company, Flowered Taxi or something like that. Anyway, DO NOT, DO NOT TAKE THIS TAXI SERVICE. Cars nice and clean, drivers pleasant, rip off company. I asked ahead of time the cost and was told $12.00 approx. The hotel shuttle was $15.00. We the taxi did cost 12.00 to the Cultural Center and when they picked us up to return the price jumped to $19.00. Do use the hotel shuttle if you wish not to drive to downtown events.

The Sleep Inn is on our go to list. Hands down a superb hotel, our room was spotless, staff was amazingly professionally friendly. The same young man of the evening before was still there when we checked out and even asked how we liked the Cultural Center. That was nice.

The location I believe is going to improve in aesthetics. It appears that a new structure is being built next to the hotel, so I think the immediate area is going to be spruced up. DO NOT let the industrial trucking company or whatever it is next door disturb you. NOT A SOUND, NOT A PEEP, quiet and we felt very safe walking our dog in the area after midnight. Keep up the good work Sleep Inn. You met and exceeded my expectations!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 103 bank are pet friendly. Nice and close to exit door and a nice little grass area for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here before and would again. A few things this time were off. First the two garbage cans outside the front door were overflowing upon arrival and when we checked out. Also, about 4 cleaning staff where having their break in the hotel guest breakfast area chatting away, eating, watching tv. At breakfast I noticed the breakfast attendant filling her cup and drinking the juice. I travel a lot and have never seen this before. I will stay here again but hope management reads this. Need a staff meeting.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel is nice, but it's hidden inside of an industrial park. Very difficult to locate, very small signage on the main road. Our TomTom nav system was really confused after we missed what should have been the road to the hotel - looped around inside of an industrial park thinking we were hopelessly lost - only to look down a hill behind some weeds and spotting the hotel. Once you know where it's hidden - the hotel is easy to find the second time.

The hotel was very clean. Room was large and very clean, bathroom was clean and modern. Bedding was comfortable. The room A/C was very noisy and was possibly possessed by an evil spirit as it would occasionally begin to squeak and vibrate. Had to shut it off the A/C portion and just run the fan.

Breakfast area was terrific with a decent variety of choices.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with a view. It's an industrial area with views of trucks and assorted he...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Easy to spot (coming from the South) but tough to get to. Off the highway, through the strip mall, around past the loading dock, down the sidestreet, turn down the hill . . . whew! Then we get to our room and there are 2 welders in the adjacent truck repair shop staring in our "2nd floor" window. OK, so we have now found the place and closed the curtains for some privacy. And it is a nice hotel at a reasonable price. It is clean and comfortable, with a decent breakfast in a large well-maintained breakfast area. The staff are pleasant and efficient. Maybe a little better than average for a Sleep Inn.

Room Tip: For quiet, stay on the back side. For privacy, stay on the front side.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times for multiple days each time. The location is excellent for my travel to multiple locations within the Marcellus Shale Gas Exploration. The hotel staff is Very Pleasant, Dog Lovers( mine travels with me). The check in process is always friendly & fast. The rooms are large, well appointed & Great for working online on rain days ! Stores & restaurants are nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dickson City/Scranton
#5 of 10 in Scranton
Days Inn Scranton PA
Days Inn Scranton PA
#8 of 10 in Scranton

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Scranton Dunmore? Share your experiences!