“Very good susshi”

Cuisines: Thai
clark summit, pa
“Very good susshi”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good sushi, fairly good thai and teriyaki. Good lunch deal. Very reasonable, given it's sushi. Friendly wait staff, it's nice but rather small, so it tends to fill up quickly. Try their bagel roll, it's really good. They have lot of specialty rolls, worth trying.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank sara95

Pittston PA
“Shumai (Dim-Sum) wow!”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Sushi and Thai

This place is a little hole in the wall that you wouldn’t ever think would be that great to view it from outside. I have only been there once but loved the food. I’ll be going back. The soup was made just right as Tom Kha Koong(shrimp) needs to be balanced the correct way. My salad (house green salad) was fantastic and the appetizer Shumai (Dim-Sum) was out of this world, I highly recommend it. I didn’t like my noodle dish (soba noodle with chicken) but when I go back I’ll try some sushi instead. Nice decor and atmosphere but slightly pricey.

Food = 3.5/5 (very good)
Price = 2.5/5 (okay)
Service = 3.5/5 (very good)
Atmosphere = 3.5/5 (nice)
Overall = 3.5 out of 5 stars

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Cheeselog11
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“yummy!”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Chilean Sea Bass, Chicken Red Curry, and Chicken Tom Yum soup! The only negative is that they don't give enough rice

Visited November 2011
3 Thank shardai671
Northeastern PA
“Consistently Excellent, A Fast Favorite”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

From the first time I visited this restaurant 1-2 years ago, to my most recent (1 week ago), this restaurant has consistently been an excellent experience. Dining out is a "complete" experience for me, so I take into account the menu selection, food quality and freshness, presentation, ambiance, service, price, location. From drinks to appetizers and main course, this food is excellent even for the vegetarian palate. (I have never eaten dumplings in any Asian restaurant and the green vegetarian dumplings at Sushi & Thai have become one of my favorites. The Vietnamese and Calamari salads are tasty; the shrimp tempura is large, light but filling; the crispy duck is fabulous; the apple or lemon drop martinis are wonderful.) We have easily walked out of a very satisfying meal with a modest bill for two of about $50.

Pulling up to the building might make you think twice because it is located in a strip mall. However, once inside, candles make the wood glow and the ambiance is comfortable and rather cozy. (Just don't sit too close to the door in the winter time as it can bring a chill as diners come and go.) The restroom has always been exceptionally clean.

Service can be a bit slow depending on when you arrive; and deserts left a lot to be desired (the tempura ice cream does not hold a candle to traditional Mexican fried ice cream, but hey, it's not a perfect world and after such a wonderful meal who needs - or has room for - desert anyway?

This restaurant is nearly an hour drive for us but we have frequented it and introduced several friends to it. Even our NYC friends --- who have the best restaurants at their fingertips --- LOVED Sushi & Thai in Dunmore. Need I say more?

• Visited October 2011