Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
Courtyard
$139
$66
  • Pool
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$72
Quality Inn & Suites(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$67
$124
$109
$98
Econo Lodge(Altoona)
$54
Priceline
All reviewspool and hot tubhorseshoe curveexercise roommake your own wafflesoutstanding hotelhotel breakfastnew carpetyogurtroom was cleanpool areachoice hotelshome away from homegreat place to stayrefrigerator and microwaveexcellent staybreakfast was excellentlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We booked the day of, so weren't really expecting much for the price. Room was huge, lovely and clean, nice grounds, everything worked. Breakfast was very good, well stocked, actually had cream for my coffee (can't do the non-dairy creamer thing - bleck!). Staff at the desk and in other areas were pleasant and helpful. Would recommend it :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndyandGerrie_88
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Kudos to my staff! They are a wonderful group of employees that personally care about the hotel and your great review reflects that. Thank you so very much for staying with us!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn in Duncansville for several years now when visiting family in the Altoona Area, so we figured it was time for us to review it. This Comfort Inn is simply outstanding! The customer service clearly makes it stand out above the rest. The employees are always pleasant, helpful, and eager to go the extra mile. The rooms are fantastic and always are pristine in cleanliness and appearance. We recently stayed for two nights and the housekeeping was phenomenal, even replacing the microwave popcorn sample for a second night. The hotel staff might wonder if these little, insignificant things really make a difference to their customers. We would tell you that these things are exactly what separates this Comfort Inn from the others. The breakfast in the morning is great with extra seating in the Allegany Room when it’s available. We used the pool with our children and they loved it. Again, the pool area is very clean and inviting. We always have a first-class experience when staying at the Comfort Inn, Duncansville.
The only item that kept us from giving it a five-star rating was the hot tub. Having stayed at the hotel for a number of years, they used to have a great hot tub with powerful jets. Recently, they had to replace that tub with a new one as we imagine the old one no longer worked properly. The new hot tub was okay. However, the main jets never worked and the water was warm, but lacking just a degree or two more that would be soothing. I have read previous posts on here that the inoperable hot tub is due to customers not understanding how it works. We have to say, while we are not hot tub experts, we certainly have been in enough hot tubs to determine how to operate them and tried many times to start the main jets. Previous comments from the management on Trip Advisor suggest that a sign was going to be installed so customers could better understand how to use the hot tub. We saw a sign that stated that if the water was below the skimmer to please notify the front desk. The water was never below the skimmer and it still did not function properly. We would encourage the hotel to see if the new hot tub is still under warranty and determine what the issue is so all the jets work not just the water filtering ones. In the end, it is just a hot tub, we know. However, from reading other posts on here, it appears that it is the one area that continues to be mentioned as an issue with this Comfort Inn in an otherwise superior property with an amazing reputation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments! On behalf of my entire hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise. Good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times and it is very rewarding when a guest recognizes their efforts.
Please know that I am continuing in my efforts to determine what can be done to alleviate the issues that have been expressed regarding our hot tub.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Normally Comfort Inn is a pretty safe bet, but this time didn't go as planned.

Pros: Sink was inside the bathroom with lots of counter space. Room was spacious and had a nice flat screen tv with lots of channels, a microwave and a fridge. Breakfast was well stocked at 7:30.

Cons: There was a dirty washrag laying on my sink when I walked in. The room was so damp that my bedding and towels were wet. This means I froze all night even with the heat turned up to 78. There was a hair hanging from the clean towels that clearly wasn't mine. There was only ONE tissue in the tissue box, had to use toilet paper. There was some type of filthy stain with stuff stuck to it on the top part of the comforter. Had to fold it down and wrap the sheets around it so it wouldn't touch my face. I was just too tired from driving all day to deal with getting all this crap corrected. Seems like the cleaning staff is pretty lazy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CravingBlue
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I truly apologize for not exceeding your expectations regarding your recent stay. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.
Please know that I am taking your feedback to heart and I will personally look into your concerns regarding the Housekeeping Staff.
Recent weather conditions have been challenging in controlling the humidity levels in the hotel. We do offer dehumidifiers during these times. Please feel confident in informing my staff of any situation that impairs a pleasant stay at our hotel.
It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed for one night and found the hotel to be clean and the front desk to be friendly. Our room was spotless and large. The bed was very comfortable and we had no trouble settling in for the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

I am so very glad that you found our Comfort Inn to be a comfortable and friendly hotel!
I am very proud of my staff for all that they do for our guests.
Please make it a point to stay with us again!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I regularly stay in this hotel about 20 nights/yr and in Comfort Inns across Pennsylvania 100+ nights/yr. This hotel is among the best. The quality of the rooms, breakfast and amenities are excellent. Front desk staff is cordial and encouraged me to visit the Marzoni’s restaurant near-by which is now one of my favorites. A stay at this hotel is nearly as worry-free as going home. The consistency is 100%.

I recently booked a Fri-Sat night stay with payment and a Sun night stay using points, thus, 2 separate reservations. My plans changed and I needed to stay in Johnstown the 1st 2 nights so I cancelled online. Jodie, the manager, called me during the week to ensure I had not forgotten to cancel the 3rd night as well. I still did needed the room and she upgraded me for the night even though I was using points. This level of service inspires me to stay at this hotel many times again.

The location is very convenient for anyone travelling west to Ebensburg or east to Huntington. Old US22 is near the hotel and I encourage anyone driving out to Ebensburg to take this route leaving the hotel vs. New US22. Much traffic will be avoided, it’s a shorter, less time, but out of towners don’t realize the route since it’s no longer marked “22”.

Compared to other Choicehotels in the area the one Ebensburg is a very good hotel, but this one is superior. I have been to Comfort Suites north of Altoona which is excellent, but further away from the core retail of Altoona and a more expensive stay.

As I said, the rooms are excellent. The only reason I marked “Very Good” below is at a few Comfort Inns, such as York, or Comfort Suites the hotel typically offers a few 2-person hot-tub suites that sit outside of the bathroom area. You can get a whirlpool-in-bath at this hotel but not in the layout just described.

Room Tip: The creek side rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

First, thank you for being an Elite Diamond Member with Choice Hotels and second, thank you for the wonderful review coming from such a notable member!
My staff and I are very pleased that we could meet your requirements and give you the "home away from home" feeling.
In regard to the hot tub suites, you are correct, we have whirlpool bathtubs, but we do offer hot tub acessibility to all of our guests in the pool area.
Thank you for being a loyal customer. I know that you stay with us very frequently and we look forward to you staying with us again.