“Frequently stay, always pleased with service”

Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Duncansville
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I regularly stay in this hotel about 20 nights/yr and in Comfort Inns across Pennsylvania 100+ nights/yr. This hotel is among the best. The quality of the rooms, breakfast and amenities are excellent. Front desk staff is cordial and encouraged me to visit the Marzoni’s restaurant near-by which is now one of my favorites. A stay at this hotel is nearly as worry-free as going home. The consistency is 100%.

I recently booked a Fri-Sat night stay with payment and a Sun night stay using points, thus, 2 separate reservations. My plans changed and I needed to stay in Johnstown the 1st 2 nights so I cancelled online. Jodie, the manager, called me during the week to ensure I had not forgotten to cancel the 3rd night as well. I still did needed the room and she upgraded me for the night even though I was using points. This level of service inspires me to stay at this hotel many times again.

The location is very convenient for anyone travelling west to Ebensburg or east to Huntington. Old US22 is near the hotel and I encourage anyone driving out to Ebensburg to take this route leaving the hotel vs. New US22. Much traffic will be avoided, it’s a shorter, less time, but out of towners don’t realize the route since it’s no longer marked “22”.

Compared to other Choicehotels in the area the one Ebensburg is a very good hotel, but this one is superior. I have been to Comfort Suites north of Altoona which is excellent, but further away from the core retail of Altoona and a more expensive stay.

As I said, the rooms are excellent. The only reason I marked “Very Good” below is at a few Comfort Inns, such as York, or Comfort Suites the hotel typically offers a few 2-person hot-tub suites that sit outside of the bathroom area. You can get a whirlpool-in-bath at this hotel but not in the layout just described.

Room Tip: The creek side rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

First, thank you for being an Elite Diamond Member with Choice Hotels and second, thank you for the wonderful review coming from such a notable member!
My staff and I are very pleased that we could meet your requirements and give you the "home away from home" feeling.
In regard to the hot tub suites, you are correct, we have whirlpool bathtubs, but we do offer hot tub acessibility to all of our guests in the pool area.
Thank you for being a loyal customer. I know that you stay with us very frequently and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights due to being in town for work. Everyone at this hotel was friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and my requests were met. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and even though the hotel was at capacity a couple of evenings, there was ample seating in the morning. The pool was nice, although small. I also utilized the workout room which was very adequate for my needs. Overall a wonderful stay and should I ever be in the area again, I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

We all look forward to you visiting us again Monique! Thank you so very much for the super review! We know that guests staying for a few days on business need the extra smile and I am so pleased that my staff accomplished that.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our 2nd stay here within 6 months. Friday night, the hotel was completely booked - so there was a 'larger than usual' group for breakfast Saturday morning. They opened up the conference room - allowing everyone to have ample space for breakfast. My experience with Comfort Inns has been exceptionally favorable. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is accommodating and friendly. Duncansville is wonderfully located. I would, again, highly recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the back of the hotel offer a nicer view (vs the front - parking lot).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal customer and the staff and I truly appreciate the accolades! We also feel that the hotel is in a great central location allowing for our guests' conveniences of travel and shopping.
Please visit us again in the warmer days to come and enjoy our backyard and creek. Our local duck family has been enjoying them all winter!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were not impressed with the front of the hotel because it faces a big parking lot but entering the hotel you find tastefully decorated, clean and well maintained public areas. Our room was clean and comfortable. We appreciated the view from our window as it faced a mown grassy area that borders a stream. If it wasn't winter, we might have might enjoyed the benches and perhaps the picnic table but the pair of mallards did not seem to mind the cold. Breakfast was served in a pleasant setting with decorations for St. Patrick's Day. The food area was clean and well supplied. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north...that is the back side of the motel...face the lawn instead of the parking l...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Please do come back and visit again when the weather is warmer! Our guests (and employees) really do enjoy the scenery!
Thank you for the many compliments regarding your stay. I will surely pass them onto the staff. They are always happy to receive such kind words.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn whenever I travel to the Johnstown/Altoona/Ebensburg area, even though Johnstown and Ebensburg have Comfort Inns. The staff is incredibly friendly and know me by name. It is a great feeling to walk through the door and feel like you are being welcomed back home. The hotel is always spotless and the rooms are very comfortable. The added amenities such as the recliners, microwaves, and frig make my business trip more enjoyable. Marzoni's across the parking lot has great food and beer and Martin's grocery store behind the resturant is very convienent. I would highly recommend this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Let me say how very pleased I am to receive your high recommendation! The fact that you have chosen us when you obviously travel between Johnstown and Altoona is quite a compliment! As always, our goal is to be our guest’s “home away from home”. Thank you so much for confirming that we do indeed accomplish that. We certainly do look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel makes a very positive impression from first entrance. Everything is incredibly clean, neat, and well organized. The staff are highly competent and seem genuinely concerned about their guests. Though some of the furnishings in the hotel appear a bit worn (such as the carpet, which needs replacing--the carpet in my room had stains), my overall impression is that the management cares about running an excellent establishment. The bathroom was spotless, the room smelled clean and fresh, and their was no dust anywhere. The bed was comfortable, rooms were quiet, and I slept very well the nights I was here.

The workout facilities are average and could benefit from a bit more updated equipment. The pool area was also clean and comfortable. The hot tub was substandard and didn't work well. That was my only disappointment.

I highly recommend this property and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river side rather than the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

On behalf of my staff, thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding them and the hotel.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are looking into your concerns to focus on improving. We are happy to announce that we are in the process of updating the carpeting in our hotel and a few rooms have already been completed.
The hot tub does not function in the same manner as our former one and any adjustment made by a guest affects its proper operation. Therefore, we are in the process of evaluating its efficiency and will be posting directions on the hot tub operation directly in the hot tub area, in an effort to solve some of the problems that have resulted.
We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern my room was here as well as how lovely the hotel was decorated for Christmas. The bedding was pristine and fresh and the room was large, yet cozy. The staff was friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoyed the continental breakfast: large variety and make-your-own waffles (my fave!). The restaurant across the parking lot, Marzoni's, had an innovative menu and delicious food. Great value here!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Let me express how wonderful it is to hear from you! Christmas is a special time here at the hotel and our staff enjoys decorating and the holiday season.
Your kind comments regarding the breakfast and the hotel in general are very much appreciated. It will be my pleasure to pass them on to my staff.
Please come back and visit us again. The summer months in Altoona offer a great variety of enjoyable experiences and we would be more than happy to be your host!
Jodie Zembower

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncansville
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona? Share your experiences!