“Wonderful place to stay!”

Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Duncansville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights due to being in town for work. Everyone at this hotel was friendly and helpful. Check-in was a breeze and my requests were met. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice and even though the hotel was at capacity a couple of evenings, there was ample seating in the morning. The pool was nice, although small. I also utilized the workout room which was very adequate for my needs. Overall a wonderful stay and should I ever be in the area again, I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We all look forward to you visiting us again Monique! Thank you so very much for the super review! We know that guests staying for a few days on business need the extra smile and I am so pleased that my staff accomplished that.
Jodie Zembower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our 2nd stay here within 6 months. Friday night, the hotel was completely booked - so there was a 'larger than usual' group for breakfast Saturday morning. They opened up the conference room - allowing everyone to have ample space for breakfast. My experience with Comfort Inns has been exceptionally favorable. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is accommodating and friendly. Duncansville is wonderfully located. I would, again, highly recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the back of the hotel offer a nicer view (vs the front - parking lot).
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for being a loyal customer and the staff and I truly appreciate the accolades! We also feel that the hotel is in a great central location allowing for our guests' conveniences of travel and shopping.
Please visit us again in the warmer days to come and enjoy our backyard and creek. Our local duck family has been enjoying them all winter!
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were not impressed with the front of the hotel because it faces a big parking lot but entering the hotel you find tastefully decorated, clean and well maintained public areas. Our room was clean and comfortable. We appreciated the view from our window as it faced a mown grassy area that borders a stream. If it wasn't winter, we might have might enjoyed the benches and perhaps the picnic table but the pair of mallards did not seem to mind the cold. Breakfast was served in a pleasant setting with decorations for St. Patrick's Day. The food area was clean and well supplied. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the north...that is the back side of the motel...face the lawn instead of the parking l...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Please do come back and visit again when the weather is warmer! Our guests (and employees) really do enjoy the scenery!
Thank you for the many compliments regarding your stay. I will surely pass them onto the staff. They are always happy to receive such kind words.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn whenever I travel to the Johnstown/Altoona/Ebensburg area, even though Johnstown and Ebensburg have Comfort Inns. The staff is incredibly friendly and know me by name. It is a great feeling to walk through the door and feel like you are being welcomed back home. The hotel is always spotless and the rooms are very comfortable. The added amenities such as the recliners, microwaves, and frig make my business trip more enjoyable. Marzoni's across the parking lot has great food and beer and Martin's grocery store behind the resturant is very convienent. I would highly recommend this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Let me say how very pleased I am to receive your high recommendation! The fact that you have chosen us when you obviously travel between Johnstown and Altoona is quite a compliment! As always, our goal is to be our guest’s “home away from home”. Thank you so much for confirming that we do indeed accomplish that. We certainly do look forward to your next stay with us.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel makes a very positive impression from first entrance. Everything is incredibly clean, neat, and well organized. The staff are highly competent and seem genuinely concerned about their guests. Though some of the furnishings in the hotel appear a bit worn (such as the carpet, which needs replacing--the carpet in my room had stains), my overall impression is that the management cares about running an excellent establishment. The bathroom was spotless, the room smelled clean and fresh, and their was no dust anywhere. The bed was comfortable, rooms were quiet, and I slept very well the nights I was here.

The workout facilities are average and could benefit from a bit more updated equipment. The pool area was also clean and comfortable. The hot tub was substandard and didn't work well. That was my only disappointment.

I highly recommend this property and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river side rather than the parking lot side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
On behalf of my staff, thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding them and the hotel.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are looking into your concerns to focus on improving. We are happy to announce that we are in the process of updating the carpeting in our hotel and a few rooms have already been completed.
The hot tub does not function in the same manner as our former one and any adjustment made by a guest affects its proper operation. Therefore, we are in the process of evaluating its efficiency and will be posting directions on the hot tub operation directly in the hot tub area, in an effort to solve some of the problems that have resulted.
We look forward to your next visit with us!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern my room was here as well as how lovely the hotel was decorated for Christmas. The bedding was pristine and fresh and the room was large, yet cozy. The staff was friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoyed the continental breakfast: large variety and make-your-own waffles (my fave!). The restaurant across the parking lot, Marzoni's, had an innovative menu and delicious food. Great value here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Let me express how wonderful it is to hear from you! Christmas is a special time here at the hotel and our staff enjoys decorating and the holiday season.
Your kind comments regarding the breakfast and the hotel in general are very much appreciated. It will be my pleasure to pass them on to my staff.
Please come back and visit us again. The summer months in Altoona offer a great variety of enjoyable experiences and we would be more than happy to be your host!
Frostburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Got a super great rate when staying here. The staff could not be any friendlier. The facility is nice and clean. The pool area is great although the hot tub is a bit strange in how the water flows. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We were right next to the elevator but did not hear any noise from it. The breakfast was very nice and well stocked. There is a great restaurant in the parking lot next to the hotel with their own microbrews. Can't wait to go back. Have already planned a trip for next month too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Wow, what a great review! Thank you so very much! I am so pleased that the hotel and staff made you want to write your kind words and plan a return visit in January.
I always share any comments with the staff and I am sure they will be pleased when I post this one!
Jodie Zembower
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncansville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altoona
#8 of 15 in Altoona
Clarion Inn & Suites
Clarion Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona? Share your experiences!