“Love this hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Duncansville
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Love this hotel!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stay at this Comfort Inn whenever I travel to the Johnstown/Altoona/Ebensburg area, even though Johnstown and Ebensburg have Comfort Inns. The staff is incredibly friendly and know me by name. It is a great feeling to walk through the door and feel like you are being welcomed back home. The hotel is always spotless and the rooms are very comfortable. The added amenities such as the recliners, microwaves, and frig make my business trip more enjoyable. Marzoni's across the parking lot has great food and beer and Martin's grocery store behind the resturant is very convienent. I would highly recommend this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Let me say how very pleased I am to receive your high recommendation! The fact that you have chosen us when you obviously travel between Johnstown and Altoona is quite a compliment! As always, our goal is to be our guest’s “home away from home”. Thank you so much for confirming that we do indeed accomplish that. We certainly do look forward to your next stay with us.
Jodie Zembower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2013

This hotel makes a very positive impression from first entrance. Everything is incredibly clean, neat, and well organized. The staff are highly competent and seem genuinely concerned about their guests. Though some of the furnishings in the hotel appear a bit worn (such as the carpet, which needs replacing--the carpet in my room had stains), my overall impression is that the management cares about running an excellent establishment. The bathroom was spotless, the room smelled clean and fresh, and their was no dust anywhere. The bed was comfortable, rooms were quiet, and I slept very well the nights I was here.

The workout facilities are average and could benefit from a bit more updated equipment. The pool area was also clean and comfortable. The hot tub was substandard and didn't work well. That was my only disappointment.

I highly recommend this property and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the river side rather than the parking lot side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
On behalf of my staff, thank you for the wonderful compliments regarding them and the hotel.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are looking into your concerns to focus on improving. We are happy to announce that we are in the process of updating the carpeting in our hotel and a few rooms have already been completed.
The hot tub does not function in the same manner as our former one and any adjustment made by a guest affects its proper operation. Therefore, we are in the process of evaluating its efficiency and will be posting directions on the hot tub operation directly in the hot tub area, in an effort to solve some of the problems that have resulted.
We look forward to your next visit with us!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and modern my room was here as well as how lovely the hotel was decorated for Christmas. The bedding was pristine and fresh and the room was large, yet cozy. The staff was friendly and helpful. I particularly enjoyed the continental breakfast: large variety and make-your-own waffles (my fave!). The restaurant across the parking lot, Marzoni's, had an innovative menu and delicious food. Great value here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Let me express how wonderful it is to hear from you! Christmas is a special time here at the hotel and our staff enjoys decorating and the holiday season.
Your kind comments regarding the breakfast and the hotel in general are very much appreciated. It will be my pleasure to pass them on to my staff.
Please come back and visit us again. The summer months in Altoona offer a great variety of enjoyable experiences and we would be more than happy to be your host!
Frostburg
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Got a super great rate when staying here. The staff could not be any friendlier. The facility is nice and clean. The pool area is great although the hot tub is a bit strange in how the water flows. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We were right next to the elevator but did not hear any noise from it. The breakfast was very nice and well stocked. There is a great restaurant in the parking lot next to the hotel with their own microbrews. Can't wait to go back. Have already planned a trip for next month too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Wow, what a great review! Thank you so very much! I am so pleased that the hotel and staff made you want to write your kind words and plan a return visit in January.
I always share any comments with the staff and I am sure they will be pleased when I post this one!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were cheerily greeted & checked in by Danielle. This is the 2nd Comfort Inn we've stayed at within 4 months. Clean, spacious and efficiently run. Great hotel, friendly staff & good selection at breakfast. Hotel was conveniently located near shopping, restaurants and for us, family. We would highly recommend this hotel - and Comfort Inn - in general. It's a good/safe bet when selecting a hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor - right across from the elevator. Room overlooked a stream - with benc...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I will definitely pass on your kind remarks to Danielle and the rest of our hotel staff! I thank you for highly recommending us to others. It is our goal to make you feel "at home" when you stay with us.
Please visit us again when you are in Altoona (we are currently decorating for the Holidays and hope you get a chance to see our beautiful tree).
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Ever been away from home, in a bed that wasn't your own, and thought you wouldn't or couldn't sleep? ... THAT doesn't happen here! Thanks to the GM - Jodie and staff, this place is tops on my list when in the Altoona, PA area!

Room Tip: I've been on every floor ... in every wing. It's all good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
We always enjoy your stays with us Tim! Thank you for the great comments!
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We traveled to Duncansville/Altoona with a Road Scholar group. We were a bit leery of a Comfort Inn that wasn't a newer Inn and Suites, but this hotel lived up to all the great reviews that are here on Trip Advisor. It is a comfortable, clean place with large rooms and bright bathrooms with exceptional counter space to put "all your stuff". The pool was in a nice bright room with a high ceiling, warm water and soothing jacuzzi. From this hotel, you are close to all the things to do in Altoona (Horseshoe Curve) and at the end of the day you can walk to two different restaurants that are in the same parking area. The staff was exceptional and Sue in the breakfast room was just a delight! You will understand why this hotel has awards hung on their walls.

Room Tip: Askfor a room overlooking the back of the hotel and creek
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
My staff and I are so very, very grateful for your kind comments. It is by having great guests as yourself that allows us to be Number 1 in Pennsylvania and Number 6 in the country.
We have a great deal of railroad fans staying with us and we invite you to visit us again!
I will surely pass on your words of praise to Sue and the rest of my staff.
Thank you again!
Jodie Zembower
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncansville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Altoona
#2 of 15 in Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona? Share your experiences!