Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
$139
Hampton.com
$60
  • Pool
Super 8 Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$72
Quality Inn & Suites(Altoona)(Great Value!)
$67
$134
$89
Fairfield Inn
All reviewspool and hot tubhorseshoe curveexercise roommake your own wafflesoutstanding hotelhotel breakfastnew carpetyogurtroom was cleanpool areachoice hotelshome away from homegreat place to stayrefrigerator and microwaveexcellent staybreakfast was excellentlong weekend
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We have been staying at the Duncansville, Pa. Comfort Inn for a number of years now and highly recommend this establishment as the place to stay whether for a long weekend or if traveling through. The staff goes out of their way to accomodate and everything from the cleanliness of the room to the great breakfast they offer is outstanding. We also feel the rates are affordable as well.The hotel is located in a very nice area and there are a large number of shopping areas and great eating establishments close by, either within walking distance or a very short drive. One thing to keep in mind if you will be staying there in the fall football season is to check the Penn State game schedule as the area sells out of rooms very quickly. Once again we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else and highly recommend the Duncansville, Pa. Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

First of all, thank you so much for being one of our loyal customers! I appreciate the wonderful review and the information that you provided to other Trip Advisor readers. I am proud of and grateful for my staff and their efforts to provide customers with a satisfying stay. I truly believe the hotel, its amenities and location are a great combination for visitors to Altoona. Thank you again and we look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was looking for a hotel in Altoona but everything was so expensive and the tripadvisor reviews weren't the greatest. By dumb luck I found this gem. It was wonderful.

We checked in at night with no problems. The hotel staff was very friendly and even though we didn't have much luggage, there were plenty of carts so we used one to bring our bags up to the room on the second floor. There was an elevator and interior corridors.

There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room. A nice television and the beds were very comfortable. We had four pillows per bed because they were very small pillows but they were comfortable so it was fine. The air condintioning worked well. There was also a desk with chair and an extra chair in the corner.

The bathroom was a nice size and had a sink inside the bathroom which I always like, just a personal preference but something most hotels don't have. The shower worked well except for a problem with the drain, which wasn't really a problem. We mentioned it to a maintinence man we saw who said you have to push the drain all the way down and it will pop back up automatically (they should have a little sign explaining that to stupid people like us, lol!)

When we got up in the morning we discovered a very nice and unexpected view of a creek. It was very pretty. The continental breakfast was very nice. There was a make your own waffle section, hot sausage and eggs, juices, bagels, cereal and fruit. And everything was good.

There are two restaurants right in the same parking lot Hoss's (you can see my review of a different Hoss's to see what I think of that place) and an italian restaurant.

It was a very good location if you are planning to visit Altoona and do some sight seeing. It was 15 minutes from the Allegheny Portage railroad and 15 minutes from Altoona, so it was very easy to make a loop and come back to the hotel without a whole lot of driving. You have to drive around a bit if you want to visit things in Altoona anyway so it worked out well.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the creek side for a nice view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I sincerely want to thank you on behalf of the staff and myself for such a comprehensive and praiseworthy review.
We are very excited that we could fulfill your needs on so many levels.
Blair Run is quite a plus for the hotel and our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed the scenery and your train travels on your recent stay.
Please come and visit us again!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recommend this hotel for travelers looking for the best value. It's somewhat of an older property, not a Hilton by any means, but not bad overall. Check in is always prompt and pleasant. All the gals that work here have been warm and helpful, making it hard to say anything on the negative side.

I've stayed here many times, sometimes no problems, but lately there's been a few snags. I do often reserve at the last minute, so maybe I get the "what's left" rooms. But more than once my room had a damp moldy smell to it, and I asked for another room. I'm allergic, plus mold causes other health problems-- nobody should be around it. They've always given me a better room, but I'd love to see the problem addressed for everyone's sake.

The other snag is that the hot tub doesn't work. It's there, full of still water, but it has no working jets. Guests search in and out of the tub and walk away disappointed. Plus the water was only lukewarm. Yes, things will break, but I also was here 4 months ago and it was exactly the same way. If there's no intention of fixing it, it shouldn't be advertised or pictured on the website.

Breakfast is free. Bonus! It's continental plus quick-service sausage and egg patties. Don't go in the last 15 minutes or so as what's left is what's left. The gal that works there is always friendly. She helped me find the butter once, as it was tucked away in the refrigerator next to the yogurt. She said how it keeps better there... though it would be a nice touch to take it out in the morning so guests could spread it.

Another bonus of this place is the refrigerator/microwave in each room. More expensive places don't necessarily bother with that.

If you want a decent place for the money, go. If you want to be sure to get book a place that makes a good impression on an important business client or on your significant other, you'll probably want to go to the more expensive hotels up the highway a bit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise regarding their performance. It is rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts.
Let me also apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay at our property. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please feel confident in informing our staff of any situation that impairs a pleasant stay at our hotel.
Our hot tub does not function in the same manner as our former one and any adjustment made personally by a guest affects its proper operation. We are in the process of posting directions on the hot tub operation directly in the hot tub area, in an effort to solve the problems you have encountered.
The extreme heat and humidity that we all have experienced this summer has been quite a challenge for our air conditioning units and we have implemented dehumidifiers in such cases.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving.
If I can provide any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly at 814-693-1800.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here 4 nights while attending a family wedding. Had a King suite on the back side with a lovely view of the creek and it was very quiet. Weather was very hot during our stay, but the cooling system in our suite worked very well. Our suite was one of the nicest places we have stayed in the past year, including at other Choice hotels. Suite was large with a sitting area separated by a "pony" wall from the sleeping area. WiFi worked well. We had a spacious counter area with micro/fridge/coffee maker which came in handy to prepare the special food I needed to prepare. Bed was quite comfortable for two folks with back "issues". Bathroom spacious and the whole suite and rest of the hotel were very clean. Breakfast was the usual fare and they attempted to keep fresh items on the buffet. Hotel is conveniently located near grocery store, gas station, and restaurants, although a little distance from I99. When I visit family in the Altoona area this will again be my hotel of "choice".

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have lovely view of the creek.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

What a fantastic review!
Given the nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. It is truly rewarding to receive such praise for my staff's efforts.
I feel that while driving a short distance more, you receive a great deal more in return at our hotel.
We look forward to your future stay!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

We recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in Duncannsville, PA and had a wonderful time. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Rooms and motel very clean. Breakfast staff was especially pleasant and kept area very well stocked and clean. She was very attentive to my grand children. i would recommend this motel to anyone and would stay there again when back in that area.

Room Tip: if you are traveling with children; ask for a room that has the half wall so they can get to sleep and the grown up is still able to watch tv or relax with a little bit of separation.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so very much for your great recommendation!
I am delighted to receive your kind yours of praise and have passed them onto my staff, particularly the Breakfast staff.
It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to post them.
Please visit us again!