“A Great Place To Stay!!!”

Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Duncansville
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The employees and accommodations were excellent. Our high school brought our
team to play in this area and the staff was so accommodating and friendly. They
bent over backwards to meet all our needs. I would come back to this hotel and recommend
it to anyone. Chris Garber, Athletic Director Millbrook HS Winchester, VA

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

I am so very appreciative for your wonderful review! We look forward to a future stay from your school.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

I travel a great deal on business and this location was convenient to my office. It seems a bit off the beaten path to me, but if you need to stay in the area, I have no problem recommending it.

I stayed for two nights at this hotel. The staff was friendly and got me to my room quickly (having arrived rather late at night).

The room itself was clean and well kept, other than a few iron burns in the rug. I especially appreciated the flat screen TV in the room with a VGA port so I could connect my laptop and watch my Netflix and other movies on the TV (I brought my own cable just in case). I had a nice king size bed, a desk, a microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker in the room. Everything worked fine and met my needs.

I guess my one complaint, and it is a minor one, is no thermostat in the room. I had to get up several times during the night to adjust the heat after getting too hot or too cold.

I did not use the pool or athletic facilities, so I cannot speak to their quality.

Breakfast was a basic, cereal, rolls, juice, coffee type of affair. They had eggs and sausage, but they did not look particularly appetizing to me. Still I found enough that I liked to have a decent breakfast.

There are plenty of other restaurants within a few blocks, including one right next door. There are also a few fast food places and a good Chinese place just a few steps away from the hotel. There is also a TGIF and an Outback probably a mile up the road. So you have plenty of options for food.

The view is nothing special given that it is in a heavily commercial area, but my room in the back overlooking a small creek was nice, and there were no annoying lights shining in my room at night.

I thought the cost of the room was a little high given the other prices in the area. I stayed there because I am familiar with the quality of a Comfort Inn, and was not disappointed. If I needed to return to the area, I would definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have a slightly nicer view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Thank you for the nice comments regarding your current stay. I am sorry to hear that you feel our rates are overpriced. Our prices are based competitively with the other hotels in the area and we feel that the rate per room you received was justified.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving and so we are currently looking into installing thermostats in the rooms. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I stay here whenever I can attend my alma mater's football games. But I also travel to Sarasota,FL several times a year. I always stay at a Choice Privilges hotel during my travels. I can truly say that the facilities, staff, and location of the Comfort Inn in Duncansville spoils me for anyplace else! It is by far the BEST!

Room Tip: There is no "bad" room!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2011

Dear Lois,
Thank you, we love to spoil you! We truly enjoy your visits over the football season and look forward to seeing you again. We appreciate your business and comments!

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I have relatives near Washington, DC and I live in Franklin, PA. Duncansville is about half way between them. We usually meet twice a year and we have always stayed at the Comfort Inn here. We have great service, the rooms are always ready when we get there, usually before noon. The staff is great and treat us like family. The breakfast food and staff is wonderful. The pool is clean and refreshing. The overall experience is nothing "fancy" but it is clean, friendly and located in an area with so much to do. If you are traveling through stop by and if you just want to get away for a few days this is the place. D. King

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Darlene,
Thank you for the nice review! It is our goal to be a guest's "home away from home" and it is wonderful to know that we have done that for you. I will pass your compliments onto our staff. Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We travel often and usually stay at the Westin/Sheraton chain. I can truly say for a local hotel in a small town this Comfort Inn is the best. Not only are the rooms spacious and clean the staff is exceptional. From the front desk to housekeeping everyone is friendly and they strive to make your stay comfortable. The manager Jodi must have friendly classes for staff regularily.
The only complaint I had was a phone call charged to my room which they graciously removed immediately.

Room Tip: Some of the first floor rooms are close to the pool and you can smell the clorine.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Comfortsales64, General Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

It is always a pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for your gracious comments. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the staff. I look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Very clean, spacious rooms, quiet and over all excellent value. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Comfortsales64, Manager at Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

We are pleased to know that we have met your expectations and it is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts. We hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights here while attending meeting meetings at the nearby Ramada Conference Center. (Ramada messed up our reservations and pissed me off, so I made arrangements to stay Comfort Inn, a couple of miles down the road. Judging from the complaints of friends who stayed at Ramada, it was a wise decision.) Comfort Inn was clean and reflected excellent maintenance. Microwave and refrigerator in the room were a nice touch. Free wi-fi was a little iffy, evidently bogging down when there were a lot of users. Room was very comfortable, with a recliner reading chair. Breakfast was included - the usual motel microwave sausage patties and egg, with sausage gravy the second morning, waffle maker, etc. Staff kept everything stocked and kept the breakfast area clean and neat throughout the service. I'm pretty fussy and frankly I could not find anything that needed improvement, except perhaps the wi-fi issue. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side look out on a neat quiet private lawn.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

On behalf of our entire staff, we are delighted to receive your kind words of praise. Please know that we are taking your feedback regarding our Wi-Fi to heart and are looking into the problem you encountered.
We look forward to seeing you again!
Jodie Zembower

Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncansville
Quality Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Altoona
Hampton Inn Altoona
#1 of 15 in Altoona
Wingate by Wyndham Altoona

Been to Comfort Inn Duncansville - Altoona? Share your experiences!