“Good even if you're not starving!”
Review of Doyle Hotel

Doyle Hotel
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Duncannon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Croton-on-Hudson, ny
“Good even if you're not starving!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lots of home-cooked specialties here, I had the Cajun chicken wrap but could easily have eaten anything on the menu. Lots of starving hikers stop here, but it's a local hangout as well. I've hiked the Appalachian Trail, and the consensus among hikers is that THE DOYLE IS #1. (trail name: Nine Lives)

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Brice F

Newton, Massachusetts, United States
“Not Stay Away”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The subject of the "stay away" review was meant to be ironic. This is a really cool place - one of America's GREAT places. (OK, a bit of a flophouse - but it's clean, the inmates are sane, and I never heard anyone complain except those who got there too late to get a room. And if you can't spend the night, it's a really great bar.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Millipede_13
Kokomo, Indiana
“Do The Doyle, Baby...”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is nearly 110 years old. The history is wonderful. It's still a hotel, though very primitive compared to most hotels. Many hikers traversing the Appalachian Trail stay here. However, the bar and food make this place a favorite of mine. Owners Pat and Vicky make you feel at home as excellent hosts and bartenders. The food is home cooked goodness. What you get is a plentiful amount of inexpensive food and great drinks with awesome service. It's about 20 minutes north of Harrisburg in the riverside town of Duncannon. Away from the busyness of the city. A place where you can be you and wind down with a great meal and drinks. I love coming here. Love it.

• Visited April 2012
4 Thank MrCrossIsBoss
Halifax, Pennsylvania
“My favorite place in Perry County!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

This place is the best with good beer selection, homemade food, great service, and great atmosphere! The jukebox rules, with things you won't see on any other jukebox around (other than those new fangled ones with Internet searches). Pat and Vicky are the sweetest and Pat will walk you through the whole menu on your first visit. I've never had anything to eat there that wasn't great, but as mentioned in other reviews, it is not fancy in any way. Pat likes southern style food and anything Cajun! Please visit this place and help keep them in business! The history is amazing...it was originally a Budweiser bar so that Bud had a place to sell and promote their beer back in the day. Apparently it is one of the few remaining in the country.

5 Thank AmericaJane
“Best place around!!”
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I recently moved to the area (a Harrisburg suburbanite transplant). And my best friend and I went going to places and Duncannon and this place surprised me. From the first day, we were welcome by the owners as we were family, they food is so reasonably priced (my friend and I had soup, sandwhich and fries and about 4 drinks each and our bill was only 40!) We have made that place our official hangout and the owners know what we get and they appreciate our business. It a must goto!!

3 Thank Jana H