“A Wonderful Surprise!”

Ranch House Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Duncannon
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I wanted to plan a party for his parents' 60th wedding anniversary and his mother's 80th birthday. We wanted to find a restaurant which was near their home in PA and near their friends, many of whom are elderly. We searched the Internet and found the Ranch House, among others. The Ranch House manager replied very quickly to my husband's email query and was quite helpful with details about the date, the room available, the menu, the price, and offered a decorated cake, as well.

The selling point for us was that the meal could be served as a buffet or family-style, which we thought would be ideal for older people who might not be able to get their own plates from a buffet and carry them and a drink to the table.

We were able to choose two meats (from six or so), a vegetable, a potato, and we also got jello, applesauce, and little relish trays. Drinks were unlimited.

We were happy with the Ranch House from the moment we arrived on the day of the party. The room was clean, comfortable, and arranged well. The waitresses got drink orders from each guest as he/she arrived. The food was served promptly and was DELICIOUS. We had pork chops and roast beef with "filling" (which I call "stuffing") and gravy. We had scalloped potatoes, rolls and butter, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, and cake. Every raved about how tasty everything was. There was so much food offered that we had plenty of leftovers. No one leaves the Ranch House hungry!

The staff was so friendly, helpful, and professional. I would recommend this restaurant to all.

1  Thank LilyJankowski

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Ranch House restaurant has been in business since 1949 and is a family run restaurant. It is clean and offers family style foods at quite reasonable prices. The staff personnel are very friendly and welcome you warmly. There are two seating areas from which to choose. Each major entree is served with a trip to the soup and salad bar. Everything is home made on the premises and includes the baked goods, pies, cakes, apple dumplings and the sticky buns. The portions are plentiful and you will not break your bank when checking out.

2  Thank Arthur S
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Do not stop here. Stopped last night on my way home from Lancaster, I ordered the coconut shrimp and my daughter had the regular shrimp, while the shrimp was good the fries were cold and greasy, the soup and salad bar was not fresh and the soup on the bar was burnt. I have had bad food here twice and there will not be a third time. Also they offer free Wi-Fi but it did not work for my ipad and the waitress told me I must have an issue because the cook was using it and uses it all the time and has no problems. I used my ipad in Lancaster all day the issue was the Ranch House

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The prices and portions are a little better than average, but the place is a tad dated, and service is fine for the truckers that would be the normal patrons, but average by any other standards.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've always driven by on my way home from Williamsport and never stopped. I'm glad a finally did! Ordered the t bone steak and it was done perfect. The food bar/salad bar was excellent and a great value to add to the meal,