“Good Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Luigi's

Luigi's
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in DuBois
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A family owned Italian restaurant located in Historic Downtown DuBois, PA specializing in authentic Italian cuisine with a variety of American dishes that will satisfy everyone in your party. Guests have the choice to dine in one of our main dining rooms, in our "vineyard" themed room, lounge area, or weather permitting on our outdoor patio. Luigi's offers lunch and dinner and a full service bar. We also offer full service catering and family style takeout for any event and budget. So come "mangia" with us and let us make our home feel like yours.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I dined here with my wife and her parents while we were staying in DuBois to visit the nearby Elk Country Visitor Center. We went on a Friday night, and while the restaurant was busy, we were immediately seated. The restaurant is decorated with hundreds (or even into the thousands) of pictures, which was neat. The menu was extensive, with lots of choices. The bread was good, and all of us were please with our meals, which were delivered in a timely manner. The owner stopped by our table and introduced himself and asked how the meals were. It was nice, and not obtrusive as he quickly moved on. We would go here again if in the area and would recommend Luigi's to others.

• Visited October 2012

State College, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian food in great a great place”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Made our first visit to Luigi's in Dubois for a birthday dinner. The place is very nice looking. It is clean and well decorated. We was in on a Thursday night at 6:00 P.M. We were seated almost immediately. By the time we left, about two hours later the place was full. While it was a school nightt, I noticed that there were no kids in the entire place. With dinner averaging about $20 per person for dinner and drink I guess people don't bring little kids. The waitress was great. She took care of our every need. I ate the Tour of Italy and my wife had Lobster Ravioli. Food came quickly and hot. My wife bragged up her food. I loved my food but was a little disapoointed in the meatball that come with my meal. Maybe I am spoiled but it was nothing special. I ordered wedding soup as it is always my favorite. While is was good as far as soup goes but it had way too many vegetables in it to call it wedding soup. They do have off street parking that costs 50 cents. All in all it is a great place and recommend it to everyone.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Meal! gone downhill!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I planned a "date night" out. We planned to go to Luigis since it had been a month or so since we had been there. I was longing formthencod romano!! Always my favorite!! I ordered my Cod Romano, and my hubby had the steak salad. When my entree arrived, I did not even recognize it!! cod Romano is supposed to be cooked in olive oil, parmesan cheese, etc. What a got was a piece of fish that was ORANGE!! As in radioactive orange!! Not even close to the coded Romano in the past! the worst part was finding a hair in my pasta side dish, and it was not mine. I did not complain about the fish, bit when it came to the hair, I felt like I had to mention it to our waitress. she apologized and said she would tell the manager. they did take Half off my fish, which was more than Imexpected..I just didn't want it to happen to anyone else
next time, we will head to the Italian Oven!

Iowa
“Great Dinner!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Delicious dinner at Luigi's, homemade pumpkin soup, bread, wild mushroom ravioli, and chicken Maria, Excellent service! The manager even took time to come over and chat with us. If you are in DuBois, PA this is the place to dine!

• Visited September 2012
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Thank goodness for tasty Italian in the I-80 wasteland”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

For years, the trek along I-80 back to my husband's home in NYC was an ordeal. There's pretty much nothing but fast food to eat, which is a lousy thing to look forward to. One day for some reason we exited at DuBois, got turned around, and I saw Luigi's. It looked promising so we stopped. There was the funky decor and the photos. Better. It is now our official stop on the trip. We've been happy with many things. The bread and sauce (and hey, we found it before the billboard), the antipasto. At the risk of doing myself in, I'll also mention the cocoanut cream pie you can sometimes find (but it goes fast). I would be perfectly happy to have Luigi's as a neighborhood place (and I don't consider it pricey), but as a food oasis in the I-80 desert it is not to be missed.

• Visited April 2012