Clarion Hotel
$91
Comfort Suites DuBois(DuBois)(Great Value!)
$85
ComfortSuites
Fairfield Inn & Suites DuBois(DuBois)(Great Value!)
$93
Best Western Inn & Conference Center(DuBois)(Great Value!)
$76
$71
$99
Hampton Inn Dubois(DuBois)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsfront desk staffwater pressure isholiday innoutdoor poolother hotelsflat screen tvbreakfast buffetking bedsausagecharlietreadmillnightstandpillowscraftcomfortchannelsdu
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I liked that this hotel had a bar where I could get a nightcap without driving. The bar was closes at 10 on weeknights, so I was unable to take advantage of having a bar in the hotel. Because of the bar/restaurant they don't have free breakfast. The restaurant doesn't open to 7AM so it was of no use to me at all.

The hotel is a little run down, but the fixtures were of good quality when purchased. It is clean and the staff is friendly. The price was good. It easy to get to from I80.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion the last weekend in October, it was a great weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable. I used the computer room and didn't have any problems, comfortable chairs, etc.
The Restaurant was very nice, clean, good food and good prices.

Would recommend you stay anytime.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad room all have been great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
GMCLARIONDUBOIS, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Scrappy4. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Clarion Hotel in October 2013. Your comments will be shared with the staff as an example of a job well done. We look forward to your next visit with us at the Clarion Hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I travel a lot for work and often stay in remote areas. Hence, I stay in small out of the hotels/motels. This hotel is awful. Start with the room.... holes in the curtains, disgusting stained bathtub. Stains on carpet. Bedside table was not wiped down from last guest. I had to clean it with antibacterial wipes I had with me. Coworker stated that the whole ceiling in her bathroom was rusted. Had to slam hotel room door to get it to close when I entered/exited. Sorry Neighbors! Went to bar for a glass of wine while waiting to meet coworkers and they only accept cards for purchases over $10.00. Breakfast in the restaurant this morning..... bacon was deep fried and served in a ball on the plate. No half and half for coffee. First table I sat at was dirty so I had to move. Not like they were busy, I was the only guest there. Note that I could pay for my breakfast with a card even though it was under $10.00. Restaurant is attached to the bar. Now I know why. There is nothing that I can say I enjoyed about this stay. I thought about trying to once again stay at Choice Hotels. I believe I will stick with Marriott. Now I know why I let my choice privileges account go unattended. I have to travel to DuBois area often for work and now need to find a new hotel. I do not need the Ritz but do require clean. Ugh!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kalinds
GMCLARIONDUBOIS, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Please accept my sincere apology that your recent stay at Clarion Hotel was not enjoyable. Your feedback thru this review and our discussion upon checkout will be helpful in making additional improvements at Clarion Hotel. I will forward your comments to the restaurant management so they may conduct staff training to make corrections in quality and service based on your review. Your issues will also be addressed to housekeeping and maintenance, as we strive to make each guests stay a favorable experience. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Best Value in the area. They have made a lot of updates with the rooms in the last year. The staff is very friendly. Nice big flat screen Tv's. The rooms were very clean. Free paper and coffee. ould like to see them bring the free muffins back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GMCLARIONDUBOIS, General Manager at Clarion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. We have made many updates at the Clarion Hotel and appreciate you noticing our efforts. The staff and I work diligently to ensure each guest has a favorable experience and are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The Good: convenient location from highway, ease of access when traveling with pets, friendly staff, free newspapers and coffee.
The bad: only sheers on windows, no privacy, odor of ? cleaning products although room not that clean, ? of mold from ac/heating unit; husband had allergy attack during the night! Let's hope the cats don't end up with fleas! Wouldn't stop here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple