“Standard HI Express Room”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in DuBois
Reviewed August 22, 2009

The people at the desk were helpful with dinner suggestions. (We choose the Fort Worth Restaurant) The room and linens were adeguate / The beds could have been a little firmer. The room also had a refrigerator and microwave. Ice machines on 1st and 3rd floors-inconvenient if you are on the second floor. The expanded breakfast included biscuits, eggs, fresh hot cinnamon rolls as well as yogurt, hard boiled eggs and cereals. Good place to stop overnight if you are crossing PA.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2009

We drove from NJ to OH and broke our trip in the Holiday Inn Dubois. It was a great decision - the hotel was perfect in every way. The location is convenient (right off I-80, lots of restaurants in few minutes driving). Everything looked brand new, with a comfortable and stylish reception and guest commons. The room was extremely clean, with perfect firmness of mattresses and choice of firm and soft pillows. Free wireless internet worked well. Breakfast was amazing - warm, FRESH, great variety (including eggs and meats). Best cinnamon rolls ever. Staff were super friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2008

I was passing through the area looking for a place to spend the night traveling from NJ to Ann Arbor MI. I am particular about cleanliness so was nervous because there aren't a lot of hotels to choose from in the area. I walked through the door and was hopeful by the smell and cleanliness of the lobby. But I've fallen for that before. :-) Then when I saw a room, I was very pleased. The front desk personnel were cordial and service was quick. I unloaded my baggage into the room and went looking for a place to eat. Don't go to the Dutch Pantry. Going against my initial impression of the place, I sat down and started to order. That's when I discovered a filthy cup and dirty utensils so I left. Got food at the local gas station and ate in my hotel room. The room was comfortable, bathroom was very clean. Only negative comment is that I could hear other people through the walls, but I can tolerate a little noise for cleanliness and the right price! I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucci60
Reviewed November 24, 2008

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way to New York state. It was easy to find and easy to get to. One real plus was the hotel is not directly beside the highway. Too many hotels are so close to the highway that the noise can make it difficult to sleep. Not the case here.
The staff was very friendly. The food was good. (nice variety) There is plenty of parking.
The only negative were the beds. The mattresses were pretty stiff. Making it more difficult to sleep straight through the night. Maybe they were new and not broken in. If it wasn't for that negative point I would have rated it Excellent. If I have the need to travel this way again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2008

While driving to Sandusky Ohio I had booked a one night stay in this wonderful hotel. The location was really perfect - right near I80 and the rooms (we had 2) were clean and perfectly sized. The front desk offered some suggestions for dinner and they were honest and even offered us coupons for a few restaurants. Great place and the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2008

We were driving through town and came upon this hotel. We liked it so much that we decided to stay there again on our way back through. It is nice and clean, and the staff is very helpful. It is a little noisy, but I notice that at most H.I. Expresses. Matter of fact, I notice quite a bit of hallway noise at every hotel any more. The pool and hot tub could be bigger, but in the middle of the summer everyone likes the pool. The breakfast room is spacious, but they had trouble keeping up with the large crowd when it came to the hot food. The hotel is being kept up very well. I thought that it was brand new, but obviously not from the dates of reviews.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple

Check in / front desk - Efficient
Service - Good Customer Service

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near DuBois
Hampton Inn Dubois
#1 of 10 in DuBois
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#8 of 10 in DuBois

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dubois? Share your experiences!