“The place to stay”

Reykjavik, Iceland
“The place to stay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to OH wit a family 6
What a great place to stay, nicer then many of the high class city hotels we have been to. Will for sure stop again when driving trough.
Breakfast is included and is awesome, free wif,i extremely clean and the front desk staff are the nicest we have come a cross for a long time 10 stars

Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Hreindyr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I think most people who come through here are road-trippers like me, and this was a great place to stop for the night. Maybe I haven't stayed in small-town roadside hotels in a while, but this was much nicer than expected. It has recently been updated and the decor is very modern. They have nice touches like a nightlight in the room, a lap desk for working, duvet covers that are washed after every guest (!) and nice showerheads. The breakfast has some healthy options like oatmeal, yogurt and fruit as well as doughnuts, eggs and even a Belgian waffle maker. The one thing I wish they had was a recycling bin for all the drink containers consumed on the road.
AAA Discount
I would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank BeckyDonahue
Stevens, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here last weekend, and totally loved it! The décor is absolutely gorgeous, with a modern, brightly-colored slant on everything. We loved our suite, and the comfy bed! My husband and I went swimming in the small pool in the morning. It's only 5' deep at the deep end, so perfect for kiddos. And the breakfast, oh my! Scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, fresh fruit medley, and on and on. The staff were extra friendly too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Grace S
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2013

New Hotel only opened for 7 weeks. I felt like I was the first person to use the room. Clean room, great bed, great bathroom and big shower. Nice lobby area and awesome breakfast choices. The breakfast started a little before 6am which was perfect since I had to be on the orad by 6am. The staff was courteous and attentive.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the back side but it is far enough off the road that noise should not be an i...
1 Thank Mark K
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 3, 2013

When looking for a last minute accommodation in the area of Du Bois, Pennsylvania, we were delighted to find this "almost" brand new property (open about 7 weeks!). It was very close to the exit, and it was lovely in its entire execution. Everyone was helpful, and our room was terrific in every way.

Totally great. This was a business and couple trip.

Room Tip: We asked for a first floor room if possible and we were able to have one.
1 Thank Barbara G
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

When we booked this hotel, we had no idea that it was all of 3 weeks old! We decided at the last minute that we didn't want to drive through to NYC from western Ohio so decided to get some rest along the way. We checked in around midnight so didn't really see the exterior until the next morning -- which is lovely. We were blown away by our first impressions of the lobby -- we felt like we were in Germany or Scandinavia! That's when we were told that there are presently all of five Fairfield Inns that look like this but that this is the way of the future. The staff were efficient and friendly -- exactly what we would expect of Marriott hospitality. My elite status was recognized and we were offered complimentary bottled water. We thought that the room was European-sized (i.e. small) and designed (very efficient). While it was fine for a few hours sleep, we thought the room with its King-sized bed would have been too cramped for more than one person for more than one (short) night but it was perfectly fine for our purpose. Our room had a glass door shower which was very attractive but no tub. Since I'm a bath person, this would have been a problem had we been staying longer. When I called the front desk about that, they offered to move us to a room with a tub but, given the late hour and anticipated early departure, we opted to just stay put. Sleep quality was excellent. Breakfast was very attractively presented but the quality was only adequate -- then again, we don't stay here for the food.... My only thought about the experience overall is, given the late hour of our arrival and anticipated early departure, would it have been so terrible for us to be upgraded to a larger room, if one had been available? There were lots of cars surrounding the property when we arrived so perhaps a larger room wasn't available. Bottom line is that we slept well; service was excellent; and we felt like we were in Europe! We love the new look!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank winemaven8
Bowling Green, Ohio
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was trying to drive to Penn State, but I got to tired and stopped here for the night. I'm really happy it turned out that way. This is a delightful hotel--the best Fairfield Inn I have visited.

The decor is modern and cheerful with bright, pleasing colors. Our room was spotlessly clean and roomy and contained two queen beds, TV, desk, arm chair. The bed was quite comfortable. There are LOTS of electrical outlets to charging your electronics.

The bathroom had a tub shower with a large shower head, strong water pressure, and consistent temperature. There was a single basin on a long counter. They provided a plug-in hand-held hair dryer. There is a bright light directly above the tub, which is nice.

The public areas are charming. All of the staff we ran into were especially friendly and helpful--a very welcoming environment.

The full breakfast included sausage, scrambled eggs, waffle maker, fruit, yogurt, fresh fruit, juices, etc. It was really tasty, and there was even a fresh flower on each table.

There is free WiFi throughout the hotel. It worked well in our room, in the public areas, at breakfast, etc.

This hotel was well above my expectations. I have nothing negative to say. It's a great hotel and I would gladly return here if I'm in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OhioRon
Also consider these accommodations in or near DuBois
Hampton Inn Dubois
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#7 of 10 in DuBois
Best Western Plus Clearfield

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites DuBois? Share your experiences!