“Great Food”

Good for: Families with children
Philadelphia
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Authentic Japanese and Thai food. Good Value close to the hotel. Excellent curries, nice atmosphere, really friendly staff.

Visited May 2013

West Grove, Pennsylvania
“Thai and Japanese food in the PA Wilds!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had takeout on a rainy day staying at Treasure Lake. 3 orders of shrimp pad Thai, one spider roll, and one order of a special green curry I've never seen anywhere else, even in Philadelphia. The pad Thai was a little dry but good. Spider roll was nothing special but hit the spot. The green curry was awesome and I want more! Slight language barrier while ordering - took many attempts to get my phone number right and my food was under a woman's name that sounded a lot like mine. Still, these are minor quibbles. Finding this kind of food in the Wilds was a Big Thing for us. We will be back!

• Visited July 2013
Oviedo, Florida
“A Gem in DuBois, Pa”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was my husband's birthday and he loves sushi and sashimi and he was not disapponted. The decor is very nice. Our server was very friendly and attentive. As a child growing up in DuBois, this was a hot dog stand! Nice background music was playing. We will be coming back very soon.

State College, Pennsylvania
“Good food...service seriously lacking”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ok...so for the area, the food is good but I doubt we will go back. We have just been very disappointed with the serving portions and the service. The waiter on two separate visits did not refill our drinks or even come back to the table after literally dumping off our food. Waitress did not know anything about the menu. The waiter also chased us down going out the door after one visit because he didn't think we had tipped him. Seriously?! We had tipped him but I felt like taking it back after that stunt. Now their receipts have your "expected" tip calculated for you. My Thai in State College has the exact same menu but the portions are far more generous and the service much more gracious. Bottom line...food is good just don't expect a lot of it or attentive service.

• Visited June 2013
“Best restaurant in this area!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I am an Army brat--born and raised overseas. Japan One is the best thing to come to this area in years! Every time my family and I have been there we have had a great experience. The food is fantastic, the service is impeccable, and the extensive menu selection has something for everyone. Japan One is the only place I go out to eat now!

• Visited June 2013

Been to Japan One? Share your experiences!