“Dinner with friends”
Review of Theodora's - CLOSED

Theodora's
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in northeastern Pennsylvania, serving locally inspired hand-crafted American cuisine. Fine dining with two inside bars, event center, and an outside patio with bar.
Mountain Top, PA
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Theodora's is a new restaurant in Drums which was The Stagecoach for any years. The Stagecoach was very rustic, very comfortable and cozy atmosphere. The new Theodora's is more modern, clean and crisp, more elegant atmosphere. The outside bar and gazebo and landscaping very pretty. We ordered salmon, and two different pasta dishes. Mine was penne ala vodka. I've eaten this a million times which always comes with a pinkish creme sauce but not this time. The sauce was red and tasted more like a meat sauce, not bad but not what I expected. The bread that was brought to the table was delicious, more like an everything bagel taste.
We were asked if we ad a reservation, which I tried to make from early morning until just about 3:00 pm. Even though the message on their machine says to press 1 for a reservation. The restaurant opens @ 4:00 pm so I crossed my fingers that it wasn't crowded. I asked the woman if there was a problem seating us, there were about 6 people in the large dining room, she did say no but before saying that we thought we wouldn't be able to dine there. She told us you must make your reservation the night before between 4-10pm. So if you decide Saturday morning you would like to make a reservation I think you'll be out of luck. Since its opening, the parking lot is always crowded and she did say you have to make a reservation for Saturday evening.
I'll try it again with another dinner selection or maybe even for lunch.
The hostess says they are still working out the kinks so must wait and see.
We do need a restaurant in Mountain Top so I encourage everyone to try it at least once.

1 Thank lsg1949

Pennsylvania
“New but settling in...”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We went for dinner last night and the bar on the deck didn't have two seats available next to each other. You have to go inside to have someone seat you at the tables on the deck. When we went inside we decided to just sit at the bar and eat there. The restaurant and the bar is beautiful. The bartenders were very informative and attentive. We had both appetizers and dinners. The calamari and flatbread special were delicious. I had the chicken,sausage,tomatoe in white wine over penne pasta (special of the night) and it was really good. The portions on all these were really big and we brought home leftovers. Might be a little pricey but can't complain when the food is above average. Ultra's were 3.50 a bottle which is reasonable and the Vodka/OJ was 5.50 but she made a really good drink so you don't mind the price.
There is plenty of parking and next time we will sit outside and enjoy the beautiful deck.
I think the only thing they need is someone outside to sit people at the tables on the deck when the weather is permitting.

1 Thank Deb911
Drums
“Ehh...”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Food was good after waiting forever to get a pissy waitress... Place was nice and fancy but I don't know if I would ever go back. Other much better places are around.

8 Thank JA2694
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Delicious if you want to wait”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The decor is fabulous... Really nice!! Must go in to see it. The food was phenomenal! We got chicken parm and scallops brûlée. Delicious! The portions aren't huge and the price isn't cheap but the food was delicious! The service was ok, we waited 35 min for our food and the waitress didn't come around a lot. We will go back and try the bar menu. Dessert was delicious tiramisu.

2 Thank sayrahhhh
Wapwallopen, Pennsylvania
“good and not so good”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We’ve been waiting for this place to open since it closed as the Stagecoach Inn. It is in our neighborhood, which doesn’t have a lot of good places to dine.
The service was very speedy and the waitress was extremely cheerful and friendly.
The décor is beautiful. Elegant and not extravagant. Miniature orchids adorn each table. A nice touch. The table for two is a bit on the small side and so a little cramped.
We ate indoors, but there is a patio that looked inviting. I had the filet mignon. I don’t think you should need a serrated knife for cutting filet. There was no choice of sides. You got green beans. Choice of two potatoes. I had the rosemary roasted red potatoes. They were terrible. I think they were left over from breakfast and roasted to death. My husband had the rainbow potatoes which he said tasted fine, but it was a very small portion. You will not get a doggie bag from here. Calamari appetizer was a little on the chewy side. All in all, food was nothing special or unique.

3 Thank dianar04