“Great location & great service make for ideal quick stop along I-80”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Needing to make a stop while traveling along Interstate 80, we chose this Holiday Inn Express based on past experience with other HI Express properties. This hotel is obviously relatively new, very clean, and a great place to spend a night.

There's not much else to see or do in the immediate vicinity, but the front desk was able to make a suggestion for a great local place to grab dinner with my kids.

Overall, a great place to stop along I-80 if all you need is a bed, shower and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2011

There were many nice things about the hotel:

--very nice staff
--comfortable and spacious room
--good beds
--decent shower
--ultra clean
--easy access off the highway, perfect location off I-80 and I-81

But there were some negatives:

-- Paper-thin walls. Around midnight some people checked into the room next to us. Even though they were speaking at a normal level, it was like they were in the room with us. And I swear this is true: When their alarm clock went off at 6:00 a.m., my husband tried turning off OUR radio because he thought it was our alarm.

--Breakfast was only so-so.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was cheaper than the other Holiday Inn Express near 476 and I-80 which would have been closer to Jack Frost Ski Resort. Overall, it was a pleasure to stay in: clean, in a quiet neighborhood and the staff was attentive. It could be quite a drive to the Crossings Outlet, Jack Frost Big Boulder and Camelback. However, for the cost difference between the 2 Holiday Inns, I did not mind the drive. One thing I did NOT like about the place was that housekeeping did NOT change our sheets. We stayed there for 2 nights. True, they tidied up the room, put clean towels, and made the beds. While I am all for "saving the planet" by not having the sheets changed, I still would have liked to have been given the option of keeping it or changing it. I probably would have chosen the first option, but still, this is a hotel and you expect the sheets changed. Even cheap motels do that. So I guess, if you want them to change the sheets, indicate that in your request for the housekeeping. Another one I did not like is: the flatware provided in our suite were dirty. Sure, it was rinsed of any food particles, but there was oil ( from clearly not have been washed with detergent). It was quite gross to think you'd have to use them. Overall though, if you don't mind the things I just mentioned, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Booked via Priceline and followed up with phonecall to Amber at front desk. I had a special requests to accomodate my 4 year olds and she cheerfully obliged. This great first impression set the tone for our two night stay. The same lovely woman greeted us at check in and showd us to the "cookie table" (nice to occupy the kids). I was happy to find a lovely, clean room with a modern shower/tub and useful toiletries and free wifi. We had our room cleaned one day and the job was top notch. Lastly, we were running late on day of checkout and were not made to feel as if we overstayed our welcome. When I phoned the front desk to explain another cheerful vioce said "no worries"...
I will surely visit again when in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2010

This was a very clean motel. The staff was very friendly and very nice. The value of the motel was good. Thelocation near I-80 was very convenient. You wouldn't go wrong stopping here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Had family come from all over the east coast for my son's wedding and the crew at the HIE went over and beyond to make this special occasion even more special. Highly recommend and can't thank them enough!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We stayed in a HI Express in May and were pleasantly surprised, so we decided to seek one out for one night of a long road trip. Reviews for this one were very similar to our May experience, so I am wondering if Holiday Inn is onto something. I have no complaints and only praise for a great night's sleep after a long day's drive. I will definitely stay here again on a return trip. I did not use any of the hotel's "extras," like the pool, fitness center, etc. Breakfast had a little for everyone, but was nothing remarkable. Staff attended to the buffet regularly and were very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank werldtravlr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
Residence Inn Hazleton
#2 of 8 in Hazleton
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton? Share your experiences!