“Late night check in”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were meant to be here the day before we actually arrived but do to the UHAUL truck we were driving having massive issues, we arrived in the early hours of the following morning.

The hotel was very clean and tidy. The room was comfy and the bathroom was sparkling clean.

If we were out this way again we wouldn't hesitate to return!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton

Reviewed June 13, 2012

I travel in 40 states a year and am a Platinum member with HI, so I am in their hotels a lot. This one is clean, and the best in the area, but it was very perplexing how this HIE got built without a on site laundry for guests. That's something I rarely see at a business class hotel, and even more problematic when you consider there is really nothing near this hotel except I-80, a small gas station and a Wendy's. Also, internet service was VERY spotty and TV's were very small tube televisions that could use some updating. Again, not a big deal if you are rolling in late off I-80, and checking out early, but when you stay a few nights for business, these things become noticeable. Breakfast was up to HIE standards and personnel were nice, but just some things to keep in mind if you decide to stay here.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Just stopped for the night after a day of traveling and it was a little slice of heaven. Exceptionally clean! True queen size beds that were super comfy & rooms were very quiet. I slept like a baby! Good, free breakfast in the morning. Great cinnamon rolls! It's not unheard of for me to switch rooms until I get a clean or quiet room, but I had zero to complain about here.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip to Hazleton. I arrived late and check-in was quick and efficient. The receptionist was great and knew her job well. She was courteous and it was evident that she took pride in her job.

The room was large and well appointed. The photo's that other reviewers have posted are very accurate and I was pleased.

I would complain about the bear of a man who was in the next room and snoring so loudly, I could hear it but thankfully he stopped snoring after a short while. I would have to put that person in the top echelon of snorers because the rooms were well insulated and I couldn't hear any normal conversational noises.

The bathroom was nice and spacious. Hot water was good. I didn't like the toilet because it's one of the "high pressure" units that sounds like it could suck someone into it, so I was having no part of that toilet.

There is no laundry facility. Very disappointing.

However, the quality of the hotel made up for the lack of washers and dryers.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We needed a place to stay in this area while visiting family. Overall we were quite pleased. I will say it took way too long to book our reservation over the phone. My DH wanted to make sure they had a room upon our late arrival. We booked direct with the hotel. Upon our arrival the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was inviting and appeared to be clean. However, upon closer inspection it seems they only clean the big items. The small lamp was very dusty. I also noted the chair legs in the breakfast room were also very dusty. The bathroom was nice and clean, which is what concerns me most. The beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed the different pillow choices. The breakfast was nice, and we especially appreciated that the staff was not cleaning the breakfast area up the minute it turned to end of the breakfast time. We have had this happen many times at other hotels, and it is quite annoying. We enjoyed a nice breakfast, choosing the healthiest items. Fresh fruit would be a nice addition to the breakfast bar. All in all a great stay and highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We needed a place to stop for the night and decided to stop at this property. It was easily situated off of I80 in Pennsylvania. The hotel is fairly new and was clean. The breakfast was a standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. It was fine. There are healthy choices to select from. The room was clean and the mattress was comfortable enough. As we were driving in a uhaul truck that was filled, we were concerned about security. The hotel has staff on 24 hours a day and we were able to park near the front entry. This property fulfilled our needs at that time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel. Clean and neat. Front desk staff a little off but friendly. He gave us the AAA discount once he asked if we were members. I travel I-80 once a year on business and like staying at Fairfield Inns and Hampton Inns. Some Holiday Inns that I have stayed at are older refurbishments that are somewhat disappointing. Not this one, it's clean and neat. A great value. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The side opposite the turnpike should be quiter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
Candlewood Suites Hazleton
#6 of 8 in Hazleton
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton? Share your experiences!