“not a bad little place”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Drums
Arlington, MA
“not a bad little place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stopped here on a trip from Cincinnati, OH to Boston, MA. If I recall correctly, it isn't near anything, so you have to drive if you want to eat, etc.

The front desk woman was very nice and professional, and I had no complaints at all about the room. It amply served its purpose, and was clean.

The only complaint I did have was that the coffee at the Continental Breakfast the next morning was godawful. I'm used to road coffee tasting something like water with brown paper boiled in it, but I couldn't even get this stuff past my nose -- it was that bad. I've never understood this: good coffee is NOT hard to make -- I do it regularly, and if I can do it, anyone can.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

After a busy day of driving I took this exit to eat a bite and sleep. The lady was friendly and got me in my room quickly. The room was clean and comfortable.
There was no desk in this room and.the TV was small but clear. Could have used another pillow but slept fine.
Don't go looking for any stores,food or anything else here after dark as it is a ghost town. If your looking for a deal and just a nights sleep this will do.

• Stayed April 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Yes, it's that bad. It's old and dumpy, manager is crazy and unprofessional.

They charged my credit card twice and wouldn't refund the second charge. I'm still trying to get it sorted out.

Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TequilaMockingbird57

Travelers are raving about these Drums hotels

Nova Scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I booked the hotel through Choice Rewards and received a very good rate for a Saturday evening. Front desk staff were very friendly and made a follow-up call to my room to see if it met my needs.

Room was small, but clean and comfortable. Wifi worked great in the room.

The breakfast was sparce, but for the price I paid I was very pleased with the overall value.

FYI - the hotel is about 3 miles from exit 155 on I-81.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Hazleton, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

While the rooms aren't as updated as some other places where I've stayed, it does have all the amenities I require while traveling. What always brings me back to this place, though, is the attentive, courteous and always helpful staff. I've called ahead while travelling for business in the wintertime, and I've always arrived to a warm, cozy room. They've always accommodated any special requests I've had. I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike S
mountain top
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year and have yet to have a less than favorable experience. The staff is always friendly and courteous, and are always happy to fufill any needs or requests that i have. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. They have a huge selection of tv channels, as well as the music choice network, which i spend most of my time listening to. One of the best features of this hotel is the location. It is right off of route 309, but it is always quiet and peaceful there. Whenever i need to get away for a night or so, but need to stay local, this hotel is always my first choice.

Room Tip: book through the choice hotels program.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kimberly e
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We made reservations to stay at this property using reward points. This property is relatively close to the interstate highway to be convenient, but far enough away to be quiet. I found the front office staff to be friendly, and helpful. The exterior of this property looked clean and well maintained. The property is motel style, with parking at your door. The room we stayed in was also clean, and looked like it had been renovated sometime recent. The room was about average sized, with a desk with chair, small armchair, a straight-back wood chair, two beds and a TV cabinet/dresser combo, and a closet area. Breakfast was basic, but sufficient. It included packaged honey buns, mini donut rolls, and small muffins. There was also white and whole wheat bread, butter and jelly (only grape:-( ). There was also three types of cereal, one plain flake (Special K?), Cherrios, and Lucky Charms. For beverages, there was orange juice, milk, coffee (both brewed reg and decaf), hot chocolate, and tea. No fresh fruit :-(. I would definitely stay here again, if I were in the area.

Room Tip: This property has no elevators. If you can't do steps, call ahead and request a ground floor ro...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wmjcameron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drums
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drums-Hazelton
#1 of 2 in West Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
Hampton Inn Hazleton
#1 of 8 in Hazleton

Been to Econo Lodge Hazleton? Share your experiences!