“A lackluster disappointment”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Vine & Fig Tree, a truly comfortable, warm and inviting BYO Bistro is now serving a relaxed all-day breakfast and mid-day lunch menu. Casual bistro dinners with simple desserts are available Thursday through Sunday evenings. Seasonal outdoor dining is available on our patio. Chef Drew Abbate draws his inspiration for Vine & Fig Tree from the informal celebrations that took place in his grandfather’s backyard filled with long tables of delicious food, trees strung with lights, homemade wine, and the laughter of family and friends.
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We tried the Vine & Fig today, and suffered through an hour-long "brunch" that had perhaps one or two brunch items on the entire menu. You have to pay for maple syrup on your pancakes at this establishment. Portions were reasonably sized, but lacking any kind of seasoning -- you can make this kind of food for yourself at home. Service seems oblivious to providing the food in a timely manner; my plate was cold when it reached the table. Speaking of the table, it had an interesting glass top, but I could not fit my legs underneath it. It definitely has a homey feel to it and an interesting courtyard (use Off! in this summer), but that is about it.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I visited with my sister last February, she rates this restaurant very highly and I can see why! The menu is quite simple, (we visited in the evening) but the food is really great quality, and very European in style, and they cook their meat to perfection (I like my steak medium, but it was the most tender steak I've ever had!)
I also liked the way they allow you to bring your own bottles of wine (purchased at the wineshopo in Doylestown, keep it local) and the size of the place allowed my highly socially sister to make friends with everybody in there! :)
Lovely place. I came all the way from England! :)

Reviewed October 9, 2011

Went to Vine and Fig for Sunday Breakfast. On the menu was French toast. It was 2.50 extra for Bananas, 2.50 extra for strawberries, 2.50 extra for blueberries and 2.50 extra for Vermont Maple Syrup. Hmmmmm. Well, I asked the lovely friendly waitress if perhaps I could get a mix of the fruit on my French Toast. We must have had a failure to communicate because what I got with a great proud smile was a fruit plate for 7.50 with apple, pear, figs, oranges, plum, grapes and a strawberry. It was indeed lovely and just goes to show you the extra mile they would go. Hubby went out on a limb and instead of his usual western omelet tried corned beef hash and eggs. He enjoyed it.
It was a beautiful October day and we were able to be seated outside. No doubt we will go again.

Reviewed October 2, 2011

It's been awhile since my last visit and I felt I needed to re-visit. Just as i said before delicious. The menu appeared to be the same but the specials board had some very refreshing additions. I enjoyed a Black bean, cheddar, onion omelette and asked for pork roll to be added. It was out of this world. I'm the kind of person that enjoys hot sauce tremendously and when i asked for some they brought a whole tray of different kinds and flavors, what awesome thing to do and have. I wish this place continued success in the diluted doylestown restaurant scene and i can't wait for another opportunity to enjoy THE Vine and Fig Tree Bistro. BRAVO!!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2011

This little restaurant is a great place to go for a nice evening out. My husband and I love to walk around Doylestown and then end our visit with a meal at the Vine and Fig. The staff is very friendly and the food is wonderful. There is always something unusual to order too. My husband has food allergies and the chef is always very careful to accommodate him. Their little outside courtyard is a nice place to dine when the weather is right. It is a BYOB and priced fairly for a upscale menu.