“best italian restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2013

this place is the best! BYO and wonderful food. If you read the other reviews and don't go thats OK because thats more times for us.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere was very relaxing and casual. I got the pasta and meatballs special and she got the lasagna. Was pretty good but not as good as the reviews said. We were disappointed that the pasta wasn't fresh. You would think if you were paying $22 for spaghetti and meatballs the pasta would be fresh. If it were I would have nothing negative to say. Everything else was great, service was excellent . We're going to try Paganini's next I heard they make their own pasta.

1  Thank Salvationcopy
Reviewed May 26, 2013

While the food was OK, the restaurant had too many tables in too small a room.
When it filled up you could hardly hear across your table. The noise level was unacceptable.
There was limited parking for this street front restaurant since there were a number of competing restaurants on the same street.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

No doubt the breakfast here is always outstanding and from my many visits I never received a bad meal.....however service is poor and if not for the food this restaurant would not be in business. The staff is friendly and pleasant however, there is no apparent manager and everyone in running around with one wheel in the sand. When you finally get service, they are great. Sunday mornings must be the time for all the adults to sleep in because most of the staff appears to be part time with little or not experience. I cannot express enough how inconsistent and bad the service is at this restaurant, but in fairness the food is outstanding. What a shame for the owner and cook, all that work just to be undermined by bad service...pleasant but bad. The only waitstaff that keeps this location going is Lee and unfortunately he no longer works Sundays.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I love the food at Domani Star - everything on the menu that I've had is fabulous. It's BYOB so you can have a wonderful meal for a reasonable price. I had the grilled salmon topped with crabmeat, over risotto with asparagus - yummy, I ate every bit of it! My husband had chicken with sausage over risotto - also tasty (but I liked mine better!). The room is small, but was not too noisy on the Tuesday night that we went there for dinner.