“They "took the reservation" but didn't "hold the reservation"”
Review of Domani Star

Domani Star
Ranked #10 of 138 Restaurants in Doylestown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
USA
“They "took the reservation" but didn't "hold the reservation"”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

After making a reservation for dinner (Tuesday) for a Saturday nite birthday celebration
dinner, my husband and I arrived to find that there was no reservation under our name. After
being asked several times, "who did you speak with"? they were still unable to find our name.
I guess if I knew the name of the woman that I spoke with, we would have been given a table.
Does anyone get a name when making a dinner reservation?..and what difference does it make?
I had the information in my phone and showed the waitress.
Fifteen minutes went by while hostesses scrambled to resolve the issue. We were told that
they could not help us. I mentioned we were local residents and that situation was handled
unprofessionally. We left, only to be chased out the door into the street being yelled at by a hostess offering a gift certificate to the restaurant. Really? Birthday dinner just ruined and
you think we'll come back?

• Visited January 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A true gem in Doylestown”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had yet another fantastic meal tonight at Domani Star. We are always impressed with the food, the service, and the intimate environment. My husband and I sat at the bar area in the back and enjoyed watching the very talented chefs work their magic. Our food was absolutely delicious and Chris accommodated our vegetarian requirements...even preparing an off-menu entree for us -- delicata squash with kale, Tuscan beans and a delicious smoked maple glaze for us. Of course we were tempted by the delicious array of desserts and enjoyed the blondie brownie -- the perfect ending to an incredible meal. The service was exceptional -- our waiter kept the table clear, water glasses filled, and checked in at all the right moments. The prices are very reasonable for the quality of food you are served. We consider ourselves so fortunate to have this gem so close to home!

• Visited December 2012
“Good food, high prices”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The food was very good, however I felt that the prices were quite high for the basic pasta the is offered. Dining room is very small and tight.

Jamison, Pennsylvania
“Going Downhill Quickly”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We've been dining here since it's inception. We really used to feel at home here, especially when Bob R was running the front, before he passed away. Now, no one runs the front. First of all, the noise level is terrible. I could not hear my wife from across the table, and I didn't attend that many rock concerts in the 70's. I know for a fact that inexpensive acoustic panels can be installed on the ceiling and would make a nice improvement in the overall experience.

I ordered the surf & turf tonight at $34. The filet mignon was about 2 ounces. Almost comical. It's a small joint, so I noticed two other guests receiving the same dish. We were all laughing, sadly. It was completely covered (disguised) with a thick Gorgonzola sauce. I sent mine back. The other victims did not, but my guess is that they simply won't return.

While I was waiting for for my new dish, three different waitstaff asked my wife if she was "done working". She wasn't, but she was waiting so that we could eat together. Finally, I just told the last kid to just stop asking. And what's the deal with servers asking if I'm "done working" I really don't look like a woodchuck.

The bread was a sandwich roll cut into small pieces. Really?, at approx $85 a couple? I'll give them a pass here because we are only a few days out from Superstorm Sandy, and many of the local bakeries may still be closed, without electricity.

2nd dish- Salmon with Pesto and pumpkin seeds. Salmon was very overlooked and dry, but warm. Pesto sauce was bitter and very cold. What's the deal with that. Also, the pesto had little flavor except for a bitter aftertaste.

As a bonus, the server had terrible breath, and rushed us, and everyone around us.

It's a real disappointment to see this little Doylestown gem fall apart. Another sign was that Chris, the owner, was nowhere to be seen. It's unlikely that we'll be seen back here anytime soon as well.

1 Thank stevengary
“Best D-Town Restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Been here many, many times always great food. Everything is freshly prepared. You can sit at the bar and watch the chefs prepare the food. Chris' veal dishes are excellent....especially the veal milanese. Their Sunday brunch is always very good with a very good selection of special pancakes, french toast and omelets.

• Visited September 2012